Intro to Club Racing
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sjrobinson

--
26 Dec 2016 11:15 PM
    I've done autocross for a few years and want to do Track Night in America this year. But I'm interested in more. I've read what's on the SCCAs site about club racing and I'm a bit confused. At what point does it become more dedicated? I look at the club trials section and it seems like it's for anyone but then I click on "I want to Road Race" and that's when it starts to look rather extensive.

From what I understand, I could do the PDX and Club Trials. I don't see any information from the local regions, do some just don't have it?

rjohnson999
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Dec 2016 08:57 AM
    Ideally, you would move from Solo to PDX using the same car. If it's street driven, you don't really need to do anything. Club trials is when the transition starts. Personal safety gear is first up. After that, it's up to you how much you want to start building your car up to match one of the Club Racing classes. At some point, it will become obvious that you need to stop driving it on the street, get a trailer and tow car, and you then have a dedicated track car.

When you move to Club Racing is entirely up to you. It would be a good idea to volunteer to work a Club Racing event or two or three to familiarize yourself with how events are conducted before going for your Novice Permit. The other big jump occurs when you do go Club Racing. It can be done without crew, but starting out, you really need someone to help you. The fatigue factor alone makes it challenging to drive and keep the car running.

Before you get to the point of a Novice Permit, you should contact your local Division Driver Licensing Chairman to find out how the program works in your area. When you make the move the most important advice you won't ever hear anyone tell you: Park your ego off the track property.
    djsilver
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Jan 2017 09:30 PM
    I don't know your location, but here is a good start; https://www.scca.com/events/1986242...eer-region

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner