STS, Swap Transmissions
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AjHawk

--
12 Jan 2017 05:14 PM

First off, there seems to an issue with the Search bar, it errors every time i try to search for something.

I wanted to know about the STS Class, pertaining to swapping a transmission. I have read 'Street Touring' in the rule book multiple times and cant come up with anything about transmissions. The car is a 1993 Civic DX, the transmission is from a 1997 Civic EX. Both cars are in Appendix A under 'STS'. Without a rule prohibiting it, could I swap in the transmission from the 97 EX? Or is there a rule someone in the book that I haven't found yet?

Thanks guys.

lowside67
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Jan 2017 10:40 PM

The rulebook does not say what you cannot do, it says what you can do.  If you do not find a rule that says transmissions are free and can be swapped at will, you cannot do that swap.  If you do that swap, you will go to F-Street Prepared which will allow you to "update/backdate" between any make/model that is listed on the same line in the rulebook (assuming my memory is correct and EG and EK Civics are on the same line).  Otherwise, Street Modified FWD.

-Mark

AjHawk

--
    13 Jan 2017 07:58 AM
    Mark, thank you for the fast response. FSP doesn't really turn out in my region, so I guess SMF it is. Thanks for the info and the insight about it only says what you can do.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Jan 2017 09:00 PM
    IF the 93 DX and 97 EX are identical transmissions, you can swap them in STS. Otherwise, it bumps you into FSP. Or SMF if you prefer.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner