Mid-West Division Minor Waiver “Official” Guidelines are:
From the Mid-West Divisional Solo Safety Steward, Janice Rick and reviewed by Doug Gill, SCCA National Office Rally/Solo Competition Manager 3/29/2017
All states in Midwest Division use the same wavier – SCCA Minor SCCA Official 1068 09/15.
A minor waiver MUST have BOTH parents’ signatures and witnessed by an adult SCCA
member present (at event or not).
Page two (2) of the minor waiver must be signed by the minor and witnessed.
4. If completed at the event, the original should be retained by the Region and sent to SCCA Member Services. If planning to attend other SCCA events before the annual waiver hard card is received, fill out another form and write “COPY” across it.
5. If the minor is an SCCA member, a new membership card will be issued which denotes that the waiver is on file. If the minor is not a member, a weekend membership should be filled out and sent in with the annual minor waiver
6.It is not required that the waiver be on file at the national office before participation in an SCCA Solo event.
7. A minor waiver is valid at all SCCA Events if it is done correctly for the State where the minor resides.
8. If one parent has sole custody, one signature is allowed.
9. If the waiver cannot be witnessed by an adult SCCA member, then “SCCA Minor Notary 1068 09/15” (both pages) must be notarized.
10. A minor waiver is only necessary if the minor enters a “hot” area. With the exception of Formula Junior drivers, minors under 12 are not allowed in “hot” areas of the site per the Solo Rules and do not require a waiver.