You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
drhodes
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Apr 2017 06:01 PM

So I kinda checked out during the off season and have not been paying much attention to racing stuff, so what is going on with Event 1? 46 entrants 10 days out. Come on people lets get registered. I was thinking I might even wash my car for this event. 

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Apr 2017 04:27 PM

Gee, I hope so. We may be taking passengers.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Apr 2017 06:55 PM
    It seems your threat of washing car has brought the rain. Thanks!
    rkammerer

--
    27 Apr 2017 10:05 AM
    I'll agree w/ Sean and blame the potential wet weather on your potentially washed car.

So, almost-bald (into wear bars) RE71s, or daily driver, full tread Indy500s?  Sigh.

drhodes
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Apr 2017 10:56 AM
    Driving the car through every mud puddle I can find. Don't plan on washing the car all year.
    WaterLogged

--
    27 Apr 2017 03:19 PM
    Posted By Rob K. on 27 Apr 2017 10:05 AM
    So, almost-bald (into wear bars) RE71s, or daily driver, full tread Indy500s?  Sigh.

They say "Bald is Beautiful". Be beautiful, Rob.

It's too bad I'm still a couple months away from delivery of my new AWD "adult" car. This would be the perfect opportunity to mess about.

sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Apr 2017 06:13 PM
    Posted By Rob K. on 27 Apr 2017 10:05 AM
    I'll agree w/ Sean and blame the potential wet weather on your potentially washed car.

Standing water at family isn't too big of a threat. As long as you have some depth, I'd run the re71's. 

EPidiot1

--
    28 Apr 2017 11:36 AM
    Anyone know if SPS is going to be there on Sunday. I've got a torn letter I need to replace.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    28 Apr 2017 02:01 PM
    Dave will be there for sure. Call him and have him bring it.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Apr 2017 07:57 PM

Yes, SPS will be there

DaveW

flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    29 Apr 2017 10:40 AM
    Is the Fifth St exit open now on I-70? It was closed at times last fall as I recall so just wondering if I need to take the long way around to get to Family Arena. Now back to building an ark!

96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    29 Apr 2017 11:53 AM
    Yes it is open. It is no longer a cloverleaf though.
    flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    29 Apr 2017 04:47 PM
    Thanks!
    java_osborn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    29 Apr 2017 10:42 PM

I know we have the event rain or shine, but are we still having the event with all this lightning?

I don't think we would have gotten the event in today, and they are expecting more of the same until Monday.

Just asking,

Jeff

P.S.. Very glad to see the SPS red trailer back.  I think it is a great place for new, and old, folks to pick up helmets, numbers, air gauges, tanks, etc.

Thank you Dave!!!

Tbru599

--
    29 Apr 2017 11:30 PM
    The event is still on. If we encounter lightning getting anywhere close during the event, everyone will be called off course and to a safe location until the lightning and thunder is clear. As usual, safety is top priority. We will deal with varying severity of storms throughout the day as we see fit.
    drhodes
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30 Apr 2017 06:47 AM
    Maybe we should add lifeguard as a worker assignment. Not sure what would be better today, a limited slip diff or a propeller.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 May 2017 11:41 AM
    Over 30 no-shows is quite depressing...It was rain, not a tornado. No lightening, no snow, no apocalypse.

I'm pretty sure the 52 or so of us that did decide to show up had a good time despite the shitty weather. We all had runs from extremely wet to drying and got to see the surface change about 200 times in 6 runs. Even though we heard some were lobbying for less runs? That to me is unbelievable. If you don't want to autocross, don't.

Now that that's out of the way, what did everyone think of the course? It was basically E9's course from last year but backwards with some tweaks. All things considered I was happy with it, but if it were dry we certainly would've taken a little more time getting things just right. We got a late start setting up and were still done right around 8am. I think that's pretty good.
    mkesl54

--
    01 May 2017 01:45 PM
    I had a great time at the event. It sucked that a ton of people bailed out because of rain (I guess they thought they would melt?)

Only thing i wish is that i would have been in heat 2 there were actually some dry(ish) lines. Overall though I think driving in the first heat monsoon made me a better driver, being that it was only my second autocross ever. I now know what its like to literally drift a focus ST around a giant back sweeper. The course was great, had it been dry it would have been insanely fun!

jlncc1702e

--
    01 May 2017 03:46 PM

I enjoyed it even if I couldn't get a decent time out of my street tires.

sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 May 2017 04:32 PM
    Posted By mkesl54 on 01 May 2017 01:45 PM
    I had a great time at the event. It sucked that a ton of people bailed out because of rain (I guess they thought they would melt?)

Only thing i wish is that i would have been in heat 2 there were actually some dry(ish) lines. Overall though I think driving in the first heat monsoon made me a better driver, being that it was only my second autocross ever. I now know what its like to literally drift a focus ST around a giant back sweeper. The course was great, had it been dry it would have been insanely fun!

I wouldn't consider a defined line of sand and gravel a dry line. It was actively raining during my last run!

BTW, since this event was "comprised", I'm likely going to use the same course at a later event this year at Family when it's dry. I too think it would be pretty good in the dry.  

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner