29 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
mkesl54

--
01 May 2017 06:01 PM

yea, I would love that man, honestly that course would be amazing in the dry! I had the little yellow Focus St. I took the entire back sweeper sideways in a FWD....I have never had such a big smile on my face. Also yea the track still wasn't awesome second heat, but i can tell you this, there was a lot less standing water out there for you boys :p 

Tbru599

--
01 May 2017 07:20 PM
Despite my running issues, I think it was a good course. Just wish I could've actually made some power because I had way better than expected traction while turning out there!!!
c30driver

--
01 May 2017 07:47 PM
I enjoyed the course! The added benefit of a wet course helped me to better understand some of my car's handling and my driving ability. I was able to see improvement each run as I learned more.

Thanks to those of you that were out there, in the rain, setting up way before the rest of us arrived.
sgreer78
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
01 May 2017 08:32 PM
I definitely drove like poop the first 3 runs. With the help of some others I managed to reset my brain and focus on driving rather than what was wrong with the car or the conditions.

EPidiot1

--
02 May 2017 12:56 PM
Great job on the course Sean. I thought it had a great flow to it even if it was soaked. I would love to give that a shot on a dry day. I'm with you on the no shows. That was uncalled for, the forecast called for rain for almost 2 weeks. I admit I hate getting soaked like that but its worth every second of seat time in those conditions. I feel like setting a sub 50 sec time with that weather improved my skills as a driver. Their mistake.
Nybbler

--
03 May 2017 11:59 AM
I had the hardest time keeping my numbers on. Even masking tape wasn't sticking to my car very well. I eventually got it working, though. I'll have to order new numbers from SPS.

My umbrella wasn't working so well, so I was almost as wet as if I hadn't used it. I forgot I had rain gear in my closet. I'm gonna get a bigger box to carry my stuff, and put my rain gear in it so I'm more prepared.

I did have an enjoyable time trying to figure out my car's handling limits on a wet surface. I was losing time on the sweeping right hander, but my last run I finally cut some time off my runs. Unfortunately I screwed up the last slalom and hit a cone. I wouldn't complain if the course was reused for another event.
mkesl54

--
08 May 2017 06:11 PM
Do we have any idea when the results for event 1 will be up? like the full results including novice championship etc.
rkammerer

--
09 May 2017 10:02 AM

Posted By mkesl54 on 08 May 2017 06:11 PM
Do we have any idea when the results for event 1 will be up? like the full results including novice championship etc.

I'm aiming to work on the results late this week. We are running new timing software this year, so still need to figure out data export.

For Novice status, I pull the list of participants who checked the "I'm a novice" box. The other way to get in on the Novice Championship is to pop by T&S before the event or during worker change and let me know.

Also, the Live Timing results on the website have been audited, so those are the final times.
mkesl54

--
09 May 2017 02:39 PM

yea i marked the box when registering online, also ran the 'N' no my car to show i was a novice. 

rkammerer

--
17 May 2017 12:14 AM
Results are up on the website!  Take a look.  If you are a Novice, and I didn't get you on the Novice Results - or, if you are NOT a Novice but I still have you as one - let me know and I'll adjust.

Event 1 Results

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button Race-Technology
Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner