Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Thomas
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 May 2017 01:29 PM
    It was nice to get out to my first event of the season (out of town for event one, but didn't feel too bad when I heard about the weather😉) and shake some of the rust off my driving. Thanks a heap Chad for letting me drive the Miata, I think you're really going to like the car 👍. It felt a lot better the last run with the tweaks to the suspension settings.

Nice driving Sean, really fast times. Dave Whitworth also threw down a really great time on his last run.
    Congrats to both of you.

I enjoyed the course, thought it flowed nicely and left room in a number of spots to make you really have to work to pick the right line.

Lots of novices out that were very impressive.

mkesl54

--
    25 May 2017 04:01 PM
    the event was absolutely amazing. Weather literally couldn't have been any better, and as you mentioned it was a really fun track. In fact both tracks this year have been extremely fun! I have only ever done 3 autocross events, but i can safely say I am absolutely HOOKED. Can't wait to see everyone at the next event, and my fellow novices at the novice school shortly after!
    Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 May 2017 04:37 PM

Posted By mkesl54 on 25 May 2017 04:01 PM
    the event was absolutely amazing. Weather literally couldn't have been any better, and as you mentioned it was a really fun track. In fact both tracks this year have been extremely fun! I have only ever done 3 autocross events, but i can safely say I am absolutely HOOKED. Can't wait to see everyone at the next event, and my fellow novices at the novice school shortly after!

Glad you enjoyed it Mike. Not sure you remember me, but I rode with you on one your of your runs. You were doing really good for being only your third event. I look forward to seeing how you do as you continue to gain experience. I think you'll really benefit from the novice school and would encourage you to take an Evolution Phase 1 when you get the chance. "Looking ahead" really worked for you 👍
    mkesl54

--
    25 May 2017 05:46 PM

absolutely! thank you for hopping in with me, it was nice to have active real time feedback. Everyone tells you "look ahead", nobody taps you on the shoulder mid run and says "LOOK AHEAD" and points to a cone. Just that little bit of real time instruction opened my eyes quite a bit. I meant to ask you, but forgot at the time. You mentioned none of the Evo courses were in STL this year. Where is the nearest one being hosted?

Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 May 2017 06:12 PM
    I don't think it's impossible that we could yet have one in St. Louis, but probably unlikely. I think we've had difficulty getting a date that is available at our venues. The next closest school will be in Rantoul, IL on the weekend of July. 8-9. It's about a 3 hour drive from Gateway. It's not a bad drive.
    mkesl54

--
    31 May 2017 11:22 AM
    Do we have any window on when the full results will be posted? Thanks in advance!
    rkammerer

--
    31 May 2017 10:39 PM

Results are up on the Solo website.  Enjoy!

2017 Results

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner