4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SpartanSolo

--
11 Jun 2017 03:31 PM

Hello,

My nephew wants to get into racing and ive been tasked with helping out my sister to get them on the right path. I was wondering if the St Louis region does FJC karting or not. If not, are there any local clubs that do it?

Thanks,

Norm

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Jun 2017 06:12 PM
    How old is he? AFAIK, St Louis SCCA is not currently approved/setup for 5-8 year olds, though that is more because we haven't had kids of that age wanting to run. 8+ year olds are fine.

I don't know if Boeing allows kid karts at all. Someone here might know.

I run the NASA-X club, Gateway Autocross. We do 8+ year olds already. Let me know if younger than that and we can talk.

Thanks,

DaveW
    SpartanSolo

--
    13 Jun 2017 01:39 PM
    He is turning 6 in a couple weeks. Any information that you can provide to me would be very helpful. I looked into indoor karting in the area and it all looks like it is 8+ as well. Unfortunately, both my sister and brother in law both are non-racers and I run out of the Detroit region so I am playing middle man the best I can.
    Tbru599

--
    23 Jun 2017 08:38 AM
    I'm not 100% sure on their rules and regulations but I have talked with the people at www.stlkarting.org before. I have been unable to make it out to any of their practice or race events because of my schedule, but they seem to be a good group of people and I know kid karting is a lot of what they do. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    23 Jun 2017 03:54 PM
    You might try contacting the Kartplex at Gateway as well as Margay Karting. Keith Scharf (Kartplex) and Keith Frieber (Margay) are at the tip of Karting in STL.
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top...20kartplex
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top...cing%20LLC
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner