BMW 235iR to T2?
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dkmura

--
03 Jul 2017 11:21 AM
    T2 has been an extremely healthy and competitive class. With production cars like Ford Mustang, Chevy Corvette C6/Camaro, Nissan 350Z/370Z and others battling it out. Now the factory-built, FIA-spec BMW 235iR is classed and automatically becomes the class overdog even with restrictions. How does this serve to build the class and allow ordinary members to build their racecars? Seems to be a poor precedent for club racing...
    Grintch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2017 03:22 PM
    I can't find on detailed specs on the R. How is it better than building your own racecar from a M235? No big advantage obvious from the spec lines.

Maybe we could remove the restrictors on the other cars and allow stock 1LE & PP brakes without weight penalties.
    fatbillybob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2017 08:15 PM
    From my point of view, the 235iR should have been rejected from T2 just by reading the opening paragraph of the philosophy of T2. This is not a commercially available car anyone can buy. The 235i and now 240i can be in the class but not a factory built racecar. I was at CoTA in T2 when that car dominated. You can't build a 235iR from a usa 235i. Those parts and body work and wheels are not available to us mere mortals. I looked into building a 235I when I could not buy a 235iR in the USA so I have spent some time looking at this.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner