Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
toy4speed
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Jul 2017 01:22 PM

Have a pair of Advance Design front strut inserts, and rear shocks for sale.  Been sitting in my garage a few years.  Hoping someone with ability to rebuild these can make use of them.  They worked great, and Ground Control has rebuilt them for me before, but seems they need it every few years.  Too much work for me.  If they work for you, heck of a deal for double adjustable units (from the top), hard to find design like this.

Struts are about 12.5" body length, 5/8" top stud diameter.  At least one of the front struts needs rebuild.

Shocks are about 15" body length, with 5/8" shaft size.  Shock lower eyelet is common 5/8" I.D. No signs of oil leakage yet on these.

Ran these in my front strut housing in my Mk2 Supra for years, and rears in the standard rear shock mount area.

Asking $300 for the set of four.  Shipping extra (located in Fremont, CA.) Email me for any questions or pics.

Don

toy4speed@yahoo.com

Attachments
    lifeandffl

--
    12 Jul 2017 01:33 AM
    Any idea what the rebuild cost is on these guys?
    toy4speed
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Jul 2017 02:07 AM

I used to send them back to Ground  Control for rebuilds, but that was years ago.  I assume they still rebuild them but have no idea of the cost.  I have heard that the seals or parts can be purchased, and they can be rebuilt by the owner, with proper equipment.  I never looked into the specifics.

Half-fast

--
    04 Aug 2017 03:54 PM
    Posted By toy4speed on 13 Jul 2017 02:07 AM

I used to send them back to Ground  Control for rebuilds, but that was years ago.  I assume they still rebuild them but have no idea of the cost.  I have heard that the seals or parts can be purchased, and they can be rebuilt by the owner, with proper equipment.  I never looked into the specifics.

They are largely out of parts for these shocks.  I would definitely call before send them for rebuild.  

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner