0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ericmcah

--
27 Jul 2017 01:25 AM

Hello SCCA forums!

To start: this is my first post here, so please let me know if I should be doing anything different in the future.

My situation: 

I go driving on gravel roads for fun, but I drive a normal 2005 Ford Focus ZX5 and get worried about abusing the stock components because there are plenty of potholes, and steep uphill/downhill sections.

I would be happy to keep the Focus and modify it, including lightweighting it, but I won't be heart broken over selling it, either.

My budget: 

$5000 for the finished product if I sell the Focus

or

$1500 in upgrades to the Focus.

What I want to build: 

A light hatchback (under 2500 pounds, but the lighter the better)

It will be a do-everything car. I will be commuting about 1 hour per day in it as well as driving on gravel for fun and occasionally doing an AutoCross or RallyCross event.

Something that has strong suspension mounting points and suspension components, etc. because I don't have the ability or money to get custom suspension fabricated and I want it to hold up to being driven over rough surfaces regularly.

Preferably an American or Japanese manufacturer so buying replacement parts is cheap.

My Goals:

Durability is my number one priority. I don't need the car to be powerful or have performance, I just want it to last. 

The only other concern after that is reliability. I can't afford to be tinkering with the car constantly, like people do with classic cars.

Thank you for your time! I am super excited to see what you guys have to say.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner