6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SCCA51

--
30 Jul 2017 04:33 PM
    http://www.flickr.com/gp/157235078@N06/njEWYp

National podium pedigreed MX5 MSR previously owned by Wilcox and Pedroza.

I purchased the car in September of 2010 after the Solo Nationals and the car had 35,499 on it when I bought it. 7 years later, I have added about 7K per year and the odometer reads approximately 85K. This has been a well maintained, garage kept, solo toy.

With regard to the addition of the MSR package, I’m not sure if Wilcox or Pedroza completed the conversion, but it was fully converted when I bought it and includes all the appropriate MSR package mods which cost approximately $7600 (retail) on top of the Base Vehicle SV with a 5 speed M/T and includes:

• Limited slip differential
    • Shock Tower Brace
    • Chassis bracing (under brace)
    • 17” alloy wheels and 205/45 R17 tires
    • Koni shocks
    • Sway bars (larger diameter)
    • Springs (higher rate and lower ride height)
    • Rear lip spoiler

• Additional Oil Cooler

In addition to the above, and under my ownership I have:

• Added updated double adjustable Koni’s purchased from Chris Fenter – previous CS National Champion (have Dyno sheets as well)
    • Replaced the soft top
    • Replaced / added new 2 tone seat covers
    • Added BFG Sport tires to OEM wheels for daily driving.
    • Replaced rear sub-frame to due torqueing of rear sway to the point that the attachment points on the sub-frame were “twisted.” This replacement was done by Vorshlag in Dallas TX and done well. While they were at it, they added Zerk fittings to keep the rear sway better lubed going forward and prevent this from occurring again.
    • Repainted the front right quarter panel and the hood, and replaced both headlights as the originals were significantly hazed

Car also comes with 1 set of 17” Kosei lightweight racing wheels currently shod with Dunlop DZ’s – not fresh but still fast enough to trophy locally. Needs fresh R71’s ; )

While the car has not been back to the Nationals, this “1 G Miata” has been on the podium at multiple Region + National Tour events and in the hands of a more talented driver like Kenny Baker it can run with C5’s or the S2K’s in BS.

Asking $10K for the car with all wheels, spares, extra shocks, etc. Car is currently located in the greater Dallas / Ft. Worth area.

ubersoph

--
    04 Aug 2017 05:02 PM
    Please email me at my username at Gmail, I can't figure out how to PM on this site lol.
    mglis@verizon.net

--
    23 Aug 2017 04:20 PM
    Miata still available?
    SCCA51

--
    27 Aug 2017 10:39 PM

Yes - the car is still available. Thnx for the interest!...

Btabor

--
    20 Sep 2017 11:37 AM
    Is the car still for sale? Why did you repaint the hood and right front fender? What kind of exhaust does it come with?
    Has the car been in any accidents?
    Catan97

--
    02 Oct 2017 12:08 AM

Interested in car. Plese send more pictures.

512-708-8025

Austin, TX

SCCA51

--
    04 Oct 2017 08:59 PM
    Hi Catan97 -
    There are 14 or so pics already in the Flickr album via the link at the top of the post - I can certainly provide more if you want. Let me know what additional shots you might be looking for and I'll text them to you or add them to the album. Thnx!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner