National podium pedigreed MX5 MSR previously owned by Wilcox and Pedroza.
I purchased the car in September of 2010 after the Solo Nationals and the car had 35,499 on it when I bought it. 7 years later, I have added about 7K per year and the odometer reads approximately 85K. This has been a well maintained, garage kept, solo toy.
With regard to the addition of the MSR package, I’m not sure if Wilcox or Pedroza completed the conversion, but it was fully converted when I bought it and includes all the appropriate MSR package mods which cost approximately $7600 (retail) on top of the Base Vehicle SV with a 5 speed M/T and includes:
• Limited slip differential
• Shock Tower Brace
• Chassis bracing (under brace)
• 17” alloy wheels and 205/45 R17 tires
• Koni shocks
• Sway bars (larger diameter)
• Springs (higher rate and lower ride height)
• Rear lip spoiler
• Additional Oil Cooler
In addition to the above, and under my ownership I have:
• Added updated double adjustable Koni’s purchased from Chris Fenter – previous CS National Champion (have Dyno sheets as well)
• Replaced the soft top
• Replaced / added new 2 tone seat covers
• Added BFG Sport tires to OEM wheels for daily driving.
• Replaced rear sub-frame to due torqueing of rear sway to the point that the attachment points on the sub-frame were “twisted.” This replacement was done by Vorshlag in Dallas TX and done well. While they were at it, they added Zerk fittings to keep the rear sway better lubed going forward and prevent this from occurring again.
• Repainted the front right quarter panel and the hood, and replaced both headlights as the originals were significantly hazed
While the car has not been back to the Nationals, this “1 G Miata” has been on the podium at multiple Region + National Tour events and in the hands of a more talented driver like Kenny Baker it can run with C5’s or the S2K’s in BS.
Asking $9K for the car with all wheels, spares, extra shocks, etc. Car is currently located in the greater Dallas / Ft. Worth area.