--
08 Aug 2017 07:01 PM

????????

drhodes
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Aug 2017 07:25 PM
    If Event 6 is cancelled with no make up event then will we be scoring 5 events for season total? 1/2 of events +1. 9/2=4.5 do we round up or down?
    flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08 Aug 2017 10:00 PM
    We were notified yesterday by Family Arena that they have scheduled an indoor event for that date and were taking back over half of the lot. We were left with basically the resurfaced portion of the lot which is not a workable option. There were no suitable alternate dates so the decision to cancel was a no brainer.

And,before someone asks,they are within their rights to do this. We were not able to negotiate a workable solution. An email should be forthcoming soon.
    mkesl54

--
    09 Aug 2017 02:32 AM
    Is moving the event to gateway not an option :(
    flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 Aug 2017 08:17 AM
    There is a Gateway Autox event at Gateway that day.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 Aug 2017 08:21 AM
    That's the 20th.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Aug 2017 08:22 AM

Posted By sgreer78 on 09 Aug 2017 08:21 AM
    That's the 20th.

What he said
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Aug 2017 09:52 AM

Posted By mkesl54 on 09 Aug 2017 02:32 AM
    Is moving the event to gateway not an option :(

Indy are runs at GMP Saturday night Aug. 26.
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Aug 2017 10:00 AM

Posted By drhodes on 08 Aug 2017 07:25 PM
    If Event 6 is cancelled with no make up event then will we be scoring 5 events for season total? 1/2 of events +1. 9/2=4.5 do we round up or down?

The way I read the rules, it is still 6 events for season end championships. 4 events is not 1/2 so would need 5 to meet first part of rule than add 1 for a total of 6. I thought the supps used to explicitly cover this exact scenario the way I interpret it.
    flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 Aug 2017 10:28 AM
    Family Arena offered the 20th as an alternate date but we declined due to the Gateway Autox event to avoid a conflict since a lot of people do both.
    mkesl54

--
    09 Aug 2017 10:28 AM
    The Indy car event shouldn't be an issue at all. We ran event 3 the morning after the NASCAR race, and there were an absolute crazy number of people at the NASCAR event.

Gateway for that weekend would be worth exploring if it hasn't been already.
    flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 Aug 2017 10:54 AM
    It's not available. Believe me,utilization of both these sites is an ongoing process that is dynamic and goes on virtually year round. And becomes more challenging every year which I only expect to get worse. I know because I do it.
    mkesl54

--
    09 Aug 2017 11:15 AM

I am sure you know better than me, I was just looking for solutions. We have so few chances a year to get out there I hate to lose an event, anyway I guess much like F1 we are having an extended summer break. 

flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 Aug 2017 11:54 AM
    Unfortunately,that's true. The last thing we want to do is cancel an event. Our schedule didn't flow as well this year as we would have liked but reflects what was available from the venues despite having our requested dates in last November. And we are very likely looking at having to modify one of our events this fall as well and already looking at options. Just the reality of the situation.

We work hard to maintain a good relationship with both venues and have that currently. As I said above,it's always a work in progress but somehow works out in the end.

jlncc1702e

--
    09 Aug 2017 01:13 PM
    Mike has done an incredible job getting us dates over the last five years and we can't thank him enough. For the record he had our requests for dates to Family and Gateway less than a week after the 2016 season ended.

The schedule you see on the homepage is not what we asked for; it was what we could get.

If I recall correctly, August 27th was a date that requested from both venues because its proximity on the calendar to the Nationals; Gateway said no immediately because it could end up being a rain date for Indycar. On a side note we have to move the bus and the trailer out of Gateway to temporary storage by the 21st and are not allowed to return it until after the 28th due to Indycar, that's a small price to pay for free storage.

On Tuesday this week Mike let us know that Family had contacted him about this situation and the SAC scheduled a conference call that evening to discuss the options. The only thing that Family offered as an option was August 20th; a date that GAX already had an event and SCCA had the second day of a double Divisional Road Rally both of which are events many of our SOLO regulars are involved in. We took a vote that, pending Mike's final contact with Family yesterday, we would cancel the event, the vote was unanimous.

It was not a decision that was made lightly and many ideas were discussed as alternatives; there were just no options that were viable in the time allotted.

On a personal note:

I hate the idea of cancelling an event but, I voted to cancel because we have a large contingent of our regular participants that attend the Nationals and I know that many of those going to the Nationals were planning on using the event as a warm up. I personally felt that cancelling early would at least allow those folks the opportunity to to look at other options to get their testing in.

Jim Lynch

Adam303
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Aug 2017 02:42 PM
    Posted By mkesl54 on 09 Aug 2017 11:15 AM

I am sure you know better than me, I was just looking for solutions. We have so few chances a year to get out there I hate to lose an event, anyway I guess much like F1 we are having an extended summer break. 

As mentioned above, GAX is hosting an event on 8/20 at GMP so opportunities to autoross this month are available right here in STL if you want to take advantage of them.  I'd encourage you and others to go check one of their events if you haven't already.  Based off of what Mike said, this is your best solution. 

Mike, sorry to hear Family pulled the rug out from under you. It's a shitty situation. Just want to tell you I appreciate all the work you put in for STL Solo. 

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Aug 2017 04:08 PM

If you are up for a drive there is also a TnT in Peru, Indy 8/25(Fri) - 8/27 (Sun). I'm hoping to make it on Friday..  

And there is even an autism charity event out in my neighborhood at The Meadows mall in Lake St. Louis. I'd guess small cramped course and not so serious competition, but its for charity and maybe a chance to blow everyone away with your skills while contributing to a worthy cause.

sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Aug 2017 06:11 PM
    Also an event at Rt66 in Joliet.

This is all a giant mess for me. I expect no sympathy but I set up the sale of my car to coincide with Nationals and event 6 so I could have enough points for the year should I not replace the CRX or co drive with anyone for the rest of the year. Now with only 5 events under me, the year looks like a complete waste of time so far. Somehow you can go 5/5 and still end up with nothing....

If there are 9 events to start the year, it seems 6/9 is the way to go. But when an event gets cancelled from a scheduled 10 event season, IMO that 6th event gets wiped out and we go to 5/9 or everyone for the cancelled event gets 10000 points. wah wah I know, but for all the money spent on this stupid hobby, that dumb little plague is the only real thing we have to show for our efforts.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Aug 2017 06:18 PM
    Could always run another car in the same class....
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Aug 2017 06:25 PM
    Posted By christoc on 10 Aug 2017 06:18 PM
    Could always run another car in the same class....

Yeah, I'll run one of the other dozen STS cars we have in STL...

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner