2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lost won

--
18 Sep 2017 03:34 PM

The Camaro Holy Grail is back.  And it works quite well, thank you, Al.  Team Camaro pulled off another magical mystery tour, and got past all the bean counters, and lawyers at corporate; somehow.  It's for sale at a Chevy dealer near you.

Question is, for we autocross track rats:  WHAT do we do with it?  Oh, sure it's heavy, it's big, it can't possibly handle a tight autocross course, right?  Hmmmm. I just followed one around for four laps yesterday.  It won AS driven by an ex Camaro SS 1LE owner who very patiently waited for the tires to warm up, then put the hammer down on the fourth run to take the win.  IT DOES QUITE WELL, thank you, Tim.  Those new Goodyear R3 steamrollers (100 Tread Wear Rated) will stick just fine when warmed.  The driver liked the nannies, too.  The competition yesterday was a set of very competent drivers in well set up cars: a C5 Z06, a C6 Gran Sport, and a Gen 6 Camaro SS 1LE.  And one olde back marker in a well set up, but poorly driven C7 Z51.  Me.

So, I looked in the usual places, and couldn't find a Camaro ZL1 1LE listed in the rules or Fastrack.  Has SCCA mentioned it anywhere that I might have missed?   Or are they just " waiting for more information", like they did with the SS 1LE?   Well, it's HERE, NOW, and it would be nice to know what the SEB has in mind for this monster.

I MEAN my local Chevy dealer has one on the ground in Torch Red, and I drooled all over the door yesterday.

Help! anyone??

boardkat
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Sep 2017 01:26 AM

it'll get buried in street, probably SS until they move the SS 1LE out of AS.
    take it to CAM. you're in SD anyway, join the party and don't look back :)

lost won

--
    23 Oct 2017 05:33 PM

Okay. November 2017 Fastrack News is out.  Still no mention of 2018 Camaro ZL1/1LE.  Was it somewhere in the fine print?

Are all those cars just added to SSR out of their previous street tire classes?  Or are they now just now allowed the option of running two classes?

I always assumed SSR was Super Stock R since it was a "leftover" from the old Stock R compound tire class.....

Just trying to understand.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner