PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 23 Sep 2017 04:34 PM by  flyguy
Tired of shagging cones? I'm looking for people to be safety stewards!
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tbru599

--
22 Sep 2017 05:52 PM

Hey everyone! Lately I've been running short on Safety Stewards and am looking for people to get certified so that we can keep events going. There has to be a safety steward at every event and at the minimum another safety steward needs to cover the job while that person is running. If we ever end up with an event where 100% coverage can't be achieved, that event can't happen. Duties include verifying set up of a safe perimeter, ensuring the course adheres to SCCA standards, setting up course worker stations, ensuring everyone required has signed a waiver and has either a wristband or an annual waiver, filling out an incident form in the event it is required, and ensuring overall safety at an event through out the day. It's a fairly easy job but there are a few requirements to obtain a Solo Safety Steward certification in order to do it. They are:

-Have to be an SCCA annual member

-Attend a short class to learn everything you need to know

-Shadow for one heat at two events

-Submit your paperwork to SCCA showing all of the above

The more people that want to do this, the better off our region will be. As we all know, everyone can't attend every event and I'd like to have as many as we can get certified so we will always be running without any issue. If you want to do this or if you have any questions, respond here, email or text me, or talk to me or another Safety Steward at one of the events. I'll be the guy in the kart. When I get some people that want to do this, I will have a class set up to attend with our local instructor.

Thanks

Tim Brueske

Tbru599@gmail.com

612-597-5795

flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    23 Sep 2017 04:34 PM
    I want to second what Tim posted as this is an ongoing problem. We train people every year but most don't follow through with the requirements - which are pretty simple. As he said,without safety steward coverage the event doesn't happen so please consider becoming a safety steward and help us ensure adequate coverage for our events.

Mike Kenney
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner