Newbie class help
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Kbdesantis44

--
05 Oct 2017 10:18 AM
    I have a 90 dx civic hatchback that I plan on building for scca competition. Even though I purchased the paper gcr to try and get some clarity over the PDF version, I am still stumped. Please help me figure out what class this car can compete in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kbdesantis44

--
    17 Oct 2017 11:56 AM
    102 views and not a single reply?!? Did I post in the wrong section ? Is there anyone out there that can guide me?

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Oct 2017 09:29 AM

Are you looking to go Club Racing or Autocross?

DaveW

Kbdesantis44

--
    22 Oct 2017 05:00 PM
    Posted By 47CP on 18 Oct 2017 09:29 AM

Are you looking to go Club Racing or Autocross?

DaveW

Club racing I believe. I am looking for a road race competition to compete in.

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Oct 2017 09:56 PM

Well, first off this isn't a terribly busy forum any longer, especially on the club racing side.   Second, I am no expert on that side of the house...

My advice would be to get out to some club racing events and chat up people with similar cars and that look like a prep level you might want to head towards.    There are probably several classes the car may be competitive in and they all have pluses and minuses.

Before you can set tire on track, you will need a comp school and to get your license, which will involve getting all of your safety gear purchased and either having your car fully prepped, or renting a car for the school (Most would recommend the latter)

I do find it ironic that you bitched about 102 views with no one spoon feeding you info but then took a week to reply to me....

DaveW

Kbdesantis44

--
    23 Oct 2017 01:47 AM
    Thanks for the info, I'm not looking to be spoon fed just looking to get some help. I run a few small businesses, have a family and rarely get to spend as much time as I would like with my personal goals. But when I do I use all resources I can to save time. I thought this would get me off to a good start in what events to go to or where they are located even. Maybe now that we got the bs out off the way this will start to get moving 😁

Kbdesantis44

--
    23 Oct 2017 01:49 AM
    And for the views thing....2k now and still just you and I ? I'll do my best for a timely reply from now on

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Oct 2017 10:36 AM
    Posted By Kbdesantis44 on 23 Oct 2017 01:47 AM
    Thanks for the info, I'm not looking to be spoon fed just looking to get some help. I run a few small businesses, have a family and rarely get to spend as much time as I would like with my personal goals. But when I do I use all resources I can to save time. I thought this would get me off to a good start in what events to go to or where they are located even. Maybe now that we got the bs out off the way this will start to get moving 😁

You really aren't asking a very focused question....which is part of the problem.    I am a research everything on the internet type of guy, but you really, really, really need to get to some events in person and ask questions there.    Explaining everything needed to go club racing in a forum post is almost impossible, it would be pages and pages long just to get your cage built and you entered in comp school....

Your question is the equivalent of someone buying a chunk of cast iron, a chunk of aluminum and a mill and then posting on a forum "How do I make a powerful engine".    Yes, you could make an engine with that stuff, but it would be a long post for me to explain how in a forum....

I am not sure, but I would guess that an entry point for your type of car would be an "Improved Touring" type of class, which is regional and somewhat limited modifications.   You might do some Googling on that.

DaveW

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner