You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
drhodes
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Oct 2017 03:51 PM
    I understand the SAC decided to go with 6 of 9 for points this year. I feel this is a unfair decision as it will exclude people from competition due to events being cancelled and moved. I would like to see us count 5 for 9 so we will be more inclusive and not punish people for things out of everyone's control. Let's at least have a open discussion about it.
    mkesl54

--
    05 Oct 2017 04:34 PM

I have attended every event this year so I am sure my opinion will differ. I attended all events to give myself every opportunity to grow as a driver, and to obtain as many points as possible for those good and bad days. You could argue equally that by reducing the number from 6 to 5 you are devaluing individuals like myself and several others. Now this isn't how I feel, but i'm simply seeing both sides of the coin. 

Personally I don't have any issue with it being 6, but that is just my opinion.

gilligan156
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 04:50 PM

I'm in favor of using 6 of 9. I've only missed the Event 1 monsoon.

kyoo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 05:00 PM

i gotta agree with the doctor. in a normal environment 6/9 would have been okay, but we have had a coupe of event moves this year, right?

Matt, I think a best 5/9 would actually help you over a best 6/10, if you have had a few non-stellar performances.

on the flipside, i would be very unmotivated to attend one of the next two to get my 6th event. so that's something else to consider. how many will go because they "have" to get another event? 

mkesl54

--
    05 Oct 2017 06:19 PM
    Posted By kyoo on 05 Oct 2017 05:00 PM

i gotta agree with the doctor. in a normal environment 6/9 would have been okay, but we have had a coupe of event moves this year, right?

Matt, I think a best 5/9 would actually help you over a best 6/10, if you have had a few non-stellar performances.

on the flipside, i would be very unmotivated to attend one of the next two to get my 6th event. so that's something else to consider. how many will go because they "have" to get another event? 

I haven't had any bad events, I just made sure as a novice that I allowed for them by showing up each and every weekend. As It sits I should be sitting in the top ten in pax (or close) after the last two events get added into the totals. 

I'm just pointing out, we have to cater to all types of autocross people. You have to respect those who show up every weekend, and you also have to find a middle ground for those who want to show up for the minimum. I personally think 6 isn't too much, but again that is just my opinion. 

sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 06:32 PM
    I have attended every event for the past 7 year and think 5/9 is the correct call as there was a cancellation. If the year starts as a 9 event season, then yes, 6/9 is the way to go. Some people have things going on in life or otherwise where plans are made and only a set amount events can be attended and are planned as such to make the required points event. Don't think for one fucking second those people are any less dedicated to this than some guy who still has his first year of autocross boner going strong.
    flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 06:37 PM
    I have to agree with Sean in that,due to the cancellation of an event,we should make an exception and use 5 of 9.

Or.......make event 10 a fun run type event and use 5 of 8. Problem solved.
    gilligan156
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 06:46 PM
    I guess I should have said I'm unopposed to 6/9, I don't really care either way.

But if e10 is a fun run I'm done for the season. I am opposed to that.
    mkesl54

--
    05 Oct 2017 06:51 PM

Posted By sgreer78 on 05 Oct 2017 06:32 PM
    I have attended every event for the past 7 year and think 5/9 is the correct call as there was a cancellation. If the year starts as a 9 event season, then yes, 6/9 is the way to go. Some people have things going on in life or otherwise where plans are made and only a set amount events can be attended and are planned as such to make the required points event. Don't think for one fucking second those people are any less dedicated to this than some guy who still has his first year of autocross boner going strong.

You act like I’m speaking for just me? I’m speaking from the perspective of someone in the opposite side of the conversation. That is what he asked for correct, discussion?

I’m saying that i see both sides, and both have merit. And I’m not speaking from motive, having an extra event doesn’t help me, and doesn’t hurt me at this point. So I’m just playing devils advocate. There have been many others whom I’ve seen out for every event aside from myself so I’m not special.

Also insinuating I don’t have other things going on is a joke. I came and raced the very weekend I got married, and for the last two and a half months I have been renovating, moving out of, and selling my home/building a new one. All of this while working like most all of us. So if nothing else I have had trouble trying to make it.

Again he asked for discussion I provided the theoretical other side of the coin. Again I will make it clear. I stand nothing to gain or lose from either scenario, my outcomes are already set in stone either way.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 07:28 PM

I insinuated nothing. You insinuated that people who don't come to every event aren't dedicated and just show up for the minimum. 

mkesl54

--
    05 Oct 2017 07:36 PM

Posted By sgreer78 on 05 Oct 2017 07:28 PM

I insinuated nothing. You insinuated that people who don't come to every event aren't dedicated and just show up for the minimum. 

Um.... no. I said you have to find a middle ground somewhere between an individual who comes out to all events and an individual that comes out to the minimum. That insinuates nothing, and rather points out that the SAC is stuck between a rock and a hard place with their decision.

It neither glorifies one, nor does it demoralize the other. It just shows they have to appease both types of individual. And no matter how you slice it not everyone will be happy however they decide.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 08:08 PM
    umm, maybe. I re-read what you said I can take it two different ways, so I'll take your word for your intent. It's obvious which way I initially took it.

I don't see the rock/hard place. To me it's pretty simple, the year starts out as a 9 event season, it's 6/9. An event gets cancelled, what, a week or so before the event takes place? Yeah, that's where you make an exception and drop a required points event and it's 5/9.
    mkesl54

--
    05 Oct 2017 08:17 PM

Again I see your side (especially in your case, which is particularly unlucky/shitty), and I have no issue with it going that way. Seriously it doesn't help or hurt me, all my championships are wrapped either way you look at it. 

I guess we will see how others feel. Meaning those who this either effects positively or negatively. 

flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 08:37 PM
    Two things:

1) 6 of 9 potentially punishes people who based their plans on the ten points events that were originally scheduled. They assumed they had ten opportunities to run the required six events to qualify for a championship.

2) Very few people read this forum anymore,including some SAC members. That is not criticism,just fact. If you have an input,make it to the SAC,i.e. the decision makers.

Also,I think schedule turmoil will become the norm going forward so maybe we need a policy in place to address it when it happens again.
    EPidiot1

--
    05 Oct 2017 08:40 PM
    I'm not going to comment on dedication because that is turning into a pissing match. What I will say about it is I understand the argument somewhat from Sean's point of view. I know how you were trying to sell off some cars this year to get into something newer and the timing of the canceled event was just a bum deal. On the flip side I don't understand Dean's point at all. Dean you have one the most dominating car/driver set ups of anyone out there. You have lost 3 events in your class of the events you made it too since 2012. If you gambled on making only 6 events based on scheduling, family, etc. That is on you not on the rest of everyone that has made it to enough events. It sucks for some people but it doesn't suck for everyone. The fact of the matter is that the SAC made a decision and we have to deal with it regardless. Everyone in this discussion except one person have been members and around long enough to understand that our events most likely the least profitable events for our host facilities. Which means every year our schedule is subject to change.

On a side note, 6 of 10 is the rule. I personally think we should do 6 of 10 with a minimum of 8 events attended. I think its completely ridiculous that you can achieve 100% of the reward for 60% of the effort. If this offends anyone...oh well be butt hurt.
    EPidiot1

--
    05 Oct 2017 08:47 PM
    I agree with mike if its that big a deal make your case at the SAC meetings. Didn't see you post till after I was typing mine. But at the same time what about those who assumed they were going to have 6 not 5 points counted.
    Matthewm3

--
    05 Oct 2017 09:12 PM
    Wow. This escalated quickly. I don't care either way, but if we do 6 of 9 I'm willing to run Pro class in STS if that's still in the supps. Just so Sean can get the points he need in STS.
    drhodes
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Oct 2017 10:28 PM
    Ok this is not what I intended. For the record I sent an email to the SAC asking for clarification on the rule and requested it be rounded down not up. I put this on the forums because the sac has gone silent and I think members need to know what's going on with OUR club. Do what you will, be dicks or don't be dicks. I'm going to go spend time with my new grandchild. Doctor out.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    06 Oct 2017 02:05 AM
    Screw you, Dean. This is all for you. I’ll fight ‘till the end of time for your honor and points. Just for that, I’m now going to ask for 1/9. Maybe 5/3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    drhodes
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Oct 2017 07:26 AM
    1. Who is Epidiot1 and what does my car have anything to do with clarification of a points rule. Why are you angry with my car?

2. How would anyone be able to go to a SAC meeting when they are not announced and the SAC will not answer email requests. Point in case, my last two unanswered emails. (Last email was sent to Rob six weeks after being sent to the SAC and was answered same day, Thanks Rob)

Dean Rhodes
    Aug 9

to teamsolo
    SAC,

If you want to run family on the 20th I would be happy to build course and fetch trailer to and back.

Dean Rhodes
    Aug 16

to teamsolo
    SAC,

Could you please provide clarification on how many events will be used for points calculation at year end under the current 9 event scenario. If your response is 6 then I would request that it be modified to 5 due to the unavoidable cancellation of event 6. I have had a very busy year and was only going to be able to attend 6 events, the cancellation of event 6 will unfortunately limit me to 5 events. I'm sure there are other members in the same situation that would hate to give up there spots for something that was out of our control. Thank you for considering this request.

3. Once again my question is about the rule. Half of 9 is 4.5 plus one is 5.5, do you round up to 6 or down to 5. It is not in the rules what to do, it used to be in but was removed. What I am after is member input and SAC to tell the members what they are doing and why. My vote would be for 5 of 9 so more people will be included in the points chase, I personally would not want to take a spot from someone because an event was canceled but I understand that is racing. If the majority of members want 6 of 9 then so be it, but shouldn't we at least ask?

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner