G-LOC Brakes
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 09 Feb 2018 11:14 AM by  Grintch
Class For Anything Goes Miata (Hillclimb)?
 1 Replies
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

08 Jan 2018 03:34 PM

Trust me I have tried numerous times to get help with this while at SCCA events.

I'm running SCCA Hillclimb and have a "anything goes" Miata.

It's not like I'm going to win and get challenged or anything but I would like to at least get close to a class of cars like mine.

I'm just choosing SM (Spec Miata) for lack of knowing what other class I might choose.

I was up against a couple of other Miatas in 2017 events that were close to mine in design and level of stripped out - built up.

SUP Maybe?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Fully gutted +, full SCCA stamped cage, complete Flyin Miata suspension, normally aspirated 0.020" over bore, header, lightweight flywheel, RA1 R compounds, FM frame rails (no butterfly), no windshield, no dash,  a little under 1800 lbs. -that's what comes to mind. 

Basic Member
    Basic Member

09 Feb 2018 11:14 AM
    No windshield puts you solidly in Production or GT.

Miata's often run EP or FP, see the rules to see where your specific mods put you.

If you still have too many mods, it's GTL or GT3.

For Hillclimb or TT (and even road race), pretty much all regions have some regional "run what you brung" class options. Talk to the event organizer or regions tech steward. So you will almost surely find a class you are legal to run in. But as your car was not built with those rules in mind, it might not be particularly competitive.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Mooresport Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner