Last Post 13 Mar 2018 04:07 PM by  honda93
2001 Camaro Z28 "Base" Coupe Hardtop
 1 Replies
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member

05 Feb 2018 07:31 PM
    The time has come to sell my 2001 Camaro Z28 “base” package hardtop coupe with only 70,250 miles - but going up until I sell. I am the second owner but I know the original owners whom I bought it from. I trust this vehicle, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought it.

As a “base” package car, it lacks many of the power amenities most F-Body cars have making this a 1LE clone of sorts but it does have AC and a rear window defroster along with the Monsoon sound system these cars came with.

The exterior has some scratches and chips as the car saw many highway trips and people aren’t always very considerate in parking lots over 17 years. The OEM jacking points have seen better days as the car had its tires rotated / changed frequently. Overall, the full interior is unmolested and in great shape for its age.

The LS1 motor is bone stock as is the T56 manual transmission and the 10-bolt rear with OEM Torsen T2 gear-based differential.

Maintenance by myself and the original owner was done meticulously on a regular schedule and the car truly is in great condition for someone who wants to use it as a fun RWD, V8-powered driver or competition vehicle.

I have a log of all maintenance done (including a schedule for the future) and fluids and filters, etc. used.

Modifications and upgrades have been done in the name of maintaining reliability while enhancing the handling and braking performance of the car. These include:

*Blainefab reinforced front sway bar mounting bracket.
    *Suspension Techniques 35mm solid FSB
    *Global West front UCA’s with Delrin bushings
    *OEM front LCA’s with OEM replacement Moog rubber bushings
    *Founders Performance shock tower brace
    *Factory-built Koni Sport Double Adjustable shocks (set)
    *Strano Lowering Springs
    *Polyurethane torque arm bushing and transmission mount
    *OEM 1LE-style rubber bushings in boxed OEM rear LCA’s 
    *Unbalanced Engineering rod end/rod end adjustable Panhard Bar
    *Three different rear swaybars: 17mm V6 (on car), 19mm OEM V8, 23mm 3rd Gen.
    *Driven 12.9” Suede steering wheel
    *New OEM LS1 clutch and flywheel assembly along with a new clutch master cylinder was installed in the spring of 2015. 
    *Starter was replaced with a new Delco Professional unit in early 2017 and the fuel filter was replaced in late 2017.

The fuel pump should be replaced. I have a new Delphi OEM replacement fuel pump assembly that will be included with the sale ($245 value) as I was going to change it in spring.

I also have new OEM replacement rubber lines, NAPA Eclipse Series Remanufactured Calipers with brackets, Centric High Carbon front rotors and Hawk DTC-30 brake pads that will be included with the sale ($400 value).

The car will come with the OEM 16x8 “Snowflake” wheels with 225/50/16 Firestone Winterforce tires. The autocross wheels and tires have been sold.

I’m offering the car for a complete package, including any miscellaneous spares I come across in the garage.

Price is $7500... Let’s talk!

732 seven 5 four 12 seven seven

Basic Member
    Basic Member

13 Mar 2018 04:07 PM

The autocross wheels and tires have been sold.

Price lowered accordingly.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Mooresport Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner