Stock Wheels from other Regions
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Anthony

--
29 Jun 2018 03:48 PM
    My car was offered with 15x6.5 and 16x6.5 wheels in the US and additionally 17x7 in another region.

The street class rules state that aftermarket wheels must be the stock width, so can I get a 17x7 wheel?

Thanks...

SquareLeft

--
    18 Jul 2018 02:52 PM
    While I can't find any text directly addressing this question in the SCCA Solo Rules, I really think that the first paragraph of Section 13 answers the question:
    "Cars running in Street Category must have been series produced with normal road touring equipment capable of being licensed for normal road use in the United States, and normally sold and delivered through the manufacturer’s retail sales outlets in the United States."

As I understand it, the Solo Rules are written and updated to cover cars as they are sold in the U.S. market. Options and packages sold in other countries are not considered. So, no, you probably can't 'legally' use a 7" wide wheel.
    Anthony

--
    18 Jul 2018 04:11 PM
    Thank you. After discussing with some friends at an autocross event they came to the same conclusion. It was suggested a possible exception may only be if the car was sold in another country and imported (but that's not something I'm sure of or interested in).
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank