Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Alan Dahl
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 Jul 2018 05:52 PM
    With more horsepower I believe that the ‘19 Miata will approach the performance of the top BS cars (there is only an .003 gap between CS and BS so it’s already close). This creates a bit of a problem as what to do with it. As the owner of a ‘17 Miata I obviously have an interest on how this turns out. Here are the options I see:

- Class the new 2019 ND in CS
    Reasoning: New replaces old, CS is the Miata class
    Objection: CS and BS have similar type cars and would end up with virtually the same PAX index.
    Effect: Almost all existing CS competitors would need to replace their cars.

- Class all ND Miatas in BS
    Reasoning: CS and BS have similar type cars and would end up with virtually the same PAX index. New replaces old.
    Objection: What would be the top car in CS? Are Miatas and Corvettes the same type of car?
    Effect: Almost all existing CS competitors would need to replace their cars. New cars would come to dominate CS. CS participation may drop.

- Class only the new 2019 Miata in BS
    Reasoning: Don’t upset the apple cart, new Miata can be competitive in BS.
    Objection: Could end up with Miatas dominating both CS and BS.
    Effect: Not much, everyone with an existing car in CS and BS remains competitive.

Personally I’d rank the desirability of these options for me as 3, 2, 1 but most folks I’ve talked to so far that don’t own a ND Miata seem to like #1 which to me is the least desirable outcome.

So please discuss. No name calling and back up your arguments please. Thank you!
    jeallen

--
    29 Jul 2018 08:58 AM
    BS makes sense to me. I cant see dropping a car with an additional 26HP and higher RPMs (700) in a class with otherwise identical cars.
    m2solom2

--
    14 Aug 2018 07:24 PM

Agree with other poster.  Option 3 seems to be the most viable.  At one time BS was a "Miata class" as well.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Mooresport Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner