New and want advice
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
kjj

--
08 Jun 2010 10:20 AM

I am thinking of trying a AutoX race for fun. I don't have a great car to race but am thinking of just seeing if its something I enjoy. I would be using my DD 89 Buick Century lol.

I have always wanted to race oval track but too many rules for me right now. I just want something I can drive there, race and go home.

Any advice or help is appreciated on how to get started...Thanks!

sts38
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Jun 2010 11:15 AM
    kjj wrote:

I am thinking of trying a AutoX race for fun. I don't have a great car to race but am thinking of just seeing if its something I enjoy. I would be using my DD 89 Buick Century lol.

I have always wanted to race oval track but too many rules for me right now. I just want something I can drive there, race and go home.

As long as your car can pass a safety inspection (good seat belts, solid battery mount, no cords showing on tires...etc) you can run what you brung. If you don't own a helmet, we have loaners.

kjj

--
    08 Jun 2010 11:39 AM
    sts38 wrote:
    kjj wrote:

As long as your car can pass a safety inspection (good seat belts, solid battery mount, no cords showing on tires...etc) you can run what you brung. If you don't own a helmet, we have loaners.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a offroad helmet as I used to race quads. Is that good enough?

Is there a list of rules and how a event take place? I am having trouble finding them

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind I found the rules

kjj

--
    08 Jun 2010 11:41 AM
    Nevermind found the rules.
    wrheadle

--
    17 Jun 2010 11:57 AM

No prob on running what you've got. I know of many a person who started out with a daily driver in autocrossing. Getting started should be more about having fun than winning, so just relax and come have some fun.

Bill

kjj

--
    28 Jun 2010 05:07 AM
    Yes I would be coming to have some fun instead of win. My wife always wanted to race too so I am trying to get her interested in trying it. Seems like a fun sport.
    kjj

--
    28 Jun 2010 07:18 AM

BTW anyone have a rule book of each class? Also what is the procedure on race day? Pratice laps? Heats? ect

Im having troubles finding the information

cravej

--
    28 Jun 2010 01:33 PM
    kjj wrote:

BTW anyone have a rule book of each class? Also what is the procedure on race day? Pratice laps? Heats? ect

Im having troubles finding the information

There is only one rule book, and it describes each of the classes. Is the car modified?

The race day procedure varies, between the different regions. Where are you located?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner