In response to numerous requests and a concern for safety of competitors and volunteers we will institute a spec fuel for the entire SRF class at the 2010 Weather Tech Chicago Region SCCA June Sprints. 2010 will be a test to see if more classes would like to see this happen and to monitor the ill effects of some serious fuels that may cause many respiratory problems for competitors, volunteers, and spectators.
(Appended to Section K of the Supplemental Regulations)
12. ALL SRF competitors will use the MANDATED SRF Fuel: All SRF cars MUST use fuel purchased from the track from pumps designated for the SRF competitors. . A tank exclusive to SRF competitors will be available at the track at the gas pumps. The fuel is a 93 octane unleaded fuel without ethanol.
- The track fuel pumps will be available via attendant;
- Thursday June 24, 2010, from 1:00 PM to final checker of the day
- Friday June 25, 2010, from 7:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
- Saturday June 26, 2010 from 7:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
- Sunday June 27, 2010, from 7:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
- This fuel shall be purchased from Dale Gas and Oil, under the supervision of Chicago Region and Road America and will be tested in accordance with the official 2010 Weather Tech Chicago Region SCCA June Sprints® fuel testing procedure. A copy of this procedure will be available in Tech.
- Before Friday's first session or if you have changed fuel types, at a MINIMUM, we recommend draining your tank/cell, then adding a few gallons of the specification fuel, run the car and drain the tank/cell again.
- Fuel testing will be available to all competitors on a voluntary basis subject to the workload in tech. Priority will be given to competitors who have not yet had their fuel tested. The scheduled times for voluntary fuel testing will be posted at Tech.
- Fuel testing for compliance with these supplemental regulations may be implemented during qualifying and post-race inspection.
As a result of this change, for any entry already received for Spec Racer Ford (SRF), Chicago Region SCCA will waive any cancellation fee and refund your money if you choose to withdraw from the event.
Additionally, any new entry for an SRF class car received on or after June 10th, 2010, will have all late fees waived.
Mike Smith, Chief Steward
2010 WeatherTech® Chicago Region SCCA June Sprints®
Want to to be notified when the June Sprints website is updated? Sign up for June Sprints NEWS email alerts.