You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fenter
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
06 Jul 2010 05:17 AM

Hi all,

I wanted to let Colin, Craig, and Jimmy know that I picked up their trophies from STU, STX, and ST respectively. I placed them in my grid box in the hopes that I will remember them for the next event. Congratulations to you, Steve, Chris, and John on the trophies (sorry if I forgot anyone).

Steve definately gave the SS folks something to think about on Sunday pulling back a 4 tenths gap from day one! Must have been the '80's Electrica' that we listened to on the way to the site on Sunday!

Take care,

Chris

cbailey
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2010 07:57 AM
    Congrats to all those who did trophy! Hopefully those of us who didn't also had a blast. No one got heat stroke, so I'll call that a success, too. :P Nice driving, all y'all.
    Z28Lt1AutoXer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2010 10:36 AM

Steve drove great, especially Sunday with a 12th place PAX finish.

I think he was just trying to impress the ASPL driviers...

I'm taking satisfaction knowing that I beat Fenter on raw time on a HP course.

theman631
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2010 11:13 AM

SHAY

That's Right

Thanks Chris Fenter for picking up the trophies, I enjoyed the weekend despite the poor driving that I displayed. We have a good group in Milwaukee.

Windscreen

--
    06 Jul 2010 02:35 PM

Thanks for the compliments; it was a great weekend for me. Probably some of the best driving I've pulled off in the Z to date, especially on Sunday. I fear a return to normalcy is due for the Toledo Pro, but one can always hope! Too bad my new good luck charm (Fenter) won't be there.[;)] It is funny to think I was --><-- this close to pulling the plug on going, even as I was hitching up on Thursday night.

Fresh factory pads with the shim layer peeled off seem to have fixed the spongy brake pedal I've been dealing with for the past year. Seems I had a pile of pad taper both in the "normal" direction and radially across the rotor. I logged some really incredible stopping Gs on Sunday, 1.47 G (!!!), and I don't remember getting any hard pedal ABS Sat or Sun.

Fenter is the one that really deserves kudos, though. He utterly put away CS, and managed 9th overall on an index dominated by mod & prepared. He's going to be tough to beat at Nationals this year, much less locally. We can only hope that he slows down as his tires age. [6]

-Steve

fenter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2010 07:30 PM

Thanks for the kind words, I was blessed with an excellent weekend and am thankful for that.

Steve, Glad to hear that you figured out your brake pedal feel and hopefully have the 'fix' for the extreme ice mode situation that you were experiencing. 1.47 G sounds good to me! Again killer drive on Sunday.

It was truely an unexpectedly fun weekend given how I felt after walking the course Saturday. Driving in Peru with R-comps was a hoot (my first time). I enjoyed the comradarie with the Milwaukee crew and wish that we had another (semi)local national tour date before Nationals. Since we don't, I hope we get to have some group outings in Lincoln as well!

We will see how many runs these tires are good for, currently 44 runs and need to be flipped. Time to call - Steve's Tire and Wheel Service!

Take care,

Chris

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner