You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
uscrew96
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 Jul 2010 07:17 PM

Today's course was not speed maintenance, it was maintain controlled at speed.

No Mr Shay did not pay me, if he did I'm not telling.[;)][:P]

Hope people like it.

cbailey
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2010 08:02 AM
    I had a lot of fun on course yesterday, even if I never got back down to my fast dirty time. I thought it used a lot of elements in ways that felt new, and that helped make it enjoyable. Hopefully others enjoyed a course with a chance to get out and stretch the gears out a bit lot, too. [;)]
    Z28Lt1AutoXer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2010 08:56 AM

The course was a lot of fun. There were several sections where:

1. You came out of a corner with room to build speed

2. Had to keep the car set up through one or two maneuvers

3. Then had to make the trade off of going through a tight maneuver at speed or slowing down to get set up for the next corner.

This made it very fun to have some tight maneuvers at speed which still allowed the slower cars an opportunity to get wide and set up the next corner.

The hairpins were fine by me but not something that I expect to see nationally so while they are fun every once in a while, I hope we continue to trend toward national style course design.

Thanks for a great course Mike, I got out of the car shaking a couple of times which is always the sign of a good course!

Chris

fenter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2010 09:00 AM

Variety in course design/elements is one of the most enjoyable aspects of autocross. I appreciated some unique looks that Mike gave us.

I think Steve will enjoy looking at the data, and wish that he could have made this event ;-)

Nice driving Mr. Shay!

BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2010 11:37 AM

I liked the course on Sunday too. I actually threw the WRX back into 1st gear for the first time since I started racing it. I think it may have ended up slowing me down though since I don't appear to have the skill necessary to focus on downshifting, braking, and setting up for a corner all at the same time.

Little nitpicky things....people were referring to it as the popsicle...I think the center cone should have been offset to the left just a little more. I could drive straight through there without even thinking about trying to miss the cones. Offsetting it left would have at least made it a decision on whether to go to the left or right. Either that or just get rid of the center cone and make it a gate.

The final slalom...I personally would have preferred it to not be decreasing but it was definitely a challenge to get through there cleanly. I think on every one of my runs there was a corner worker sprinting out of the way after setting cones back up. I got 1 re-run out of it and should have stopped for a dropped cone that didn't get picked up on a second run but decided to keep going through the finish because I felt like I had a good run going. A steady slalom may have saved a lot of running for corner 4 possibly?

Overall I liked the course a lot. This one was pretty much the complete opposite of what was set up for the TSSCC event last weekend. I would prefer to run the course we had up here 99 times out of 100.

BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2010 11:56 AM

This was the run in question of stopping. In hindsight I should have stopped not necessarily because of the cone but because of the proximity of the guy that was thinking about running out to pick up the cone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk5H_V_AWso

pinkertonpunk
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2010 12:02 PM
    I actually really liked the end slalom. It was very challenging and I loved that about it. Like I told Mike, I liked everything but the hairpin turn really.
    MugenSI

--
    19 Jul 2010 01:13 PM
    Z28Lt1AutoXer wrote:

The course was a lot of fun. There were several sections where:

1. You came out of a corner with room to build speed

2. Had to keep the car set up through one or two maneuvers

3. Then had to make the trade off of going through a tight maneuver at speed or slowing down to get set up for the next corner.

This made it very fun to have some tight maneuvers at speed which still allowed the slower cars an opportunity to get wide and set up the next corner.

The hairpins were fine by me but not something that I expect to see nationally so while they are fun every once in a while, I hope we continue to trend toward national style course design.

Thanks for a great course Mike, I got out of the car shaking a couple of times which is always the sign of a good course!

Chris

my first year at Nationals - Heartland Park, had a NASTY hairpin! So it is good we have some practice on them.

I liked the course, and i thanked Mike

uscrew96
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2010 06:21 PM
    There was a lot of broken cars on Sunday, 8 total 7 on course and one before we started running. [:S]
    BMoore
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2010 09:09 PM
    Lots of carnage for sure even though the course wasn't that brutal on cars (I didn't think). I really liked the course and even liked the decreasing slalom. It was a pretty big challenge and once I did better on that I was able to slash over a second off my runs.
    BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Jul 2010 06:07 AM

Was the one that broke down before we started the mod car? I was behind him going up to the line for my first run and he pulled off to the side and never came back.

So there's that car, 2 S2ks, a Sentra, Canak's Miata, and a Subaru 2.5RS. What else was there?

I also know that the Juerns were planning on coming up but turned around due to the threat of bad weather. They said that when they got home and went to take the car off of the trailer it wouldn't start.

BMoore
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Jul 2010 10:55 AM
    You might be able to count Kuks' car, as he didn't drive it the whole day due to brake issues. There was a BMW gridded behind me that threw a belt and made all kinds of funny noises. I know that I'm missing one or two.
    uscrew96
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Jul 2010 07:02 PM
    S-Mod CIVIC, broke before he ran. KW's E-Mod Griffin Motor let go.
    2superblus
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 07:59 AM
    Are the results from Sunday ever going to be posted?
    BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 08:03 AM
    I think Jeff is on vacation.
    Mugenlude
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 08:10 AM
    BSTON wrote:
    I think Jeff is on vacation.
    Yeah, I'm not sure when he will be back.... but when he is I'm sure he'll get them posted. Patience young jedi...
    BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 08:18 AM

Yeah, what's the rush anyway? You need to know how much you got 1st place by? ass

2superblus
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 08:54 AM
    POINT BEING THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN ONE PERSON OWNING THE KEY TO THE CITY.
    BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 09:08 AM
    Is it really loud at work today?
    2superblus
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 09:48 AM

Nope just wanted to stress the point that having one person in control of something is absolutly stupid. If he were to depart his earthly body, what would happen with all of the stuff he has sole access to? We have been working on training people for the timing so we aren't f'd. Why not have someone else that can access the website to post update or change things that may be incorrect? It is like we are dealing with Top Secret information here.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner