Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BSTON
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Jul 2010 06:55 AM

I may be getting an 07 Miata. I have an opportunity to try it at an event before I commit to it but it's on crappy all-season tires. Does anyone have some decent street tires that would fit on a 15x6 rim that I can rent for a weekend? Or already have some mounted on something that will fit on the car that I can rent?

Also, it's a 97 M-edition. I heard that the springs that came on those cars are softer than the springs on the 94-R. Does anyone know just how much softer they are?

uscrew96
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 01:41 PM
    BSTON wrote:

Also, it's a 97 M-edition. I heard that the springs that came on those cars are softer than the springs on the 94-R. Does anyone know just how much softer they are?

25lbs per corner spring rate. Not positive![:^)]
    fenter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2010 02:42 PM

Make sure that you confer with the Chicago ES experts before buying (HB in particular). They know the ins-and-outs of the Stone Age Miatas like no body's business (honestly no one should know this much about NA's). Yahoo Groups Chicago Autocross is a good way to get their attention, or upload something odd involving something tangentially related to cars on YouTube.

Either way they will be in town for the CenDivs.

BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Jul 2010 01:26 PM
    I'll probably talk to them a little at CenDiv. Unless I find something seriously wrong with the car I'm going to get it, even if it's an underdog to the 94R. The price is something that I can't pass on. Even if it's a horrible autocross car I may still think about just using it as a summer car to keep the miles off of the WRX.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner