SPS 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 26 Jul 2010 04:48 AM by  Mark Hirt
Solo at Joliet Chicagoland speedway flooded?
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
24 Jul 2010 10:45 AM
    I am wondering how it looks up there? The weather channel is showing a lot of standing water. I am wondering if the parking lot will be above water and if I can get there from Lafayette Indiana without a pontoon boat?
    Mark Hirt
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    24 Jul 2010 08:24 PM

I didn't know the Weather Channel had a "standing water" predictor.

Joliet is a very large town spread out over many square miles and there are really no rivers near Route 66 Raceway. I'm sure there will be a few puddles on the 19 acars of pole free asphalt but nothing more than what normally happens after any heavy rain. The course designers can easily work around them.

t walgamuth wrote:
    I am wondering how it looks up there? The weather channel is showing a lot of standing water. I am wondering if the parking lot will be above water and if I can get there from Lafayette Indiana without a pontoon boat?

Edit: The drag racers held a Test & Tune Saturday night and there is a Demo derby on the dirt oval. As far as I know neither were canceled

Mark Hirt
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Jul 2010 04:48 AM

I see you made it.

For those that didn't... All major roads leading to and from Route 66 Raceway were open, the lot was wet from overnight rains and we had a couple left over demo cars at the far end. They remained on site all day but were far enough off course to not be and issue.

As the drivers meeting ended we were treated to a fly over by a very pretty P-51 Mustang (way to go Greg)

1st heat removed most of the puddles and those of us lucky enough to be running 2 cleared off the rest.

I hear there were 147 cars, we all got 7 runs and I (4th from last car to run) was on the road just after 6

The CS battle was small but exciting, at the end the 3 combatants were covered by .086 seconds your truly taking a .003 second win

The index win went to some Black ES (cough) car that probably has a turbo hidden in it somewhere [:O]

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner