7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
patrat

--
28 Jul 2010 06:26 AM

Both cars are now for sale.

2 Honda Civic Si's prepped and ready to go One is 1999 and the other is a 2000. Both have clear titles and can be driven on the street.

Asking $11,000 for both cars with a ton of extra parts.

Call Dan @ 262-366-084

twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jul 2010 06:00 PM

In case you didn't read the latest fastrack, the Civic Si SSC car is no longer being moved to ITA from ITS. It has been rescinded and the car stays in ITS.

I don't know the reasons for it (have a hunch) but needless to say it doesn't appear (to still) have a chance in ITS... It is unfortunate that the "protectors" in ITA apparently don't want the car in ITA which is too bad for all the Civic Si race cars out there set to expire soon :(

JSirota

--
    28 Jul 2010 06:42 PM
    twin_turborx7 wrote:

In case you didn't read the latest fastrack, the Civic Si SSC car is no longer being moved to ITA from ITS. It has been rescinded and the car stays in ITS.

I don't know the reasons for it (have a hunch) but needless to say it doesn't appear (to still) have a chance in ITS... It is unfortunate that the "protectors" in ITA apparently don't want the car in ITA which is too bad for all the Civic Si race cars out there set to expire soon :(

I can say with authority that it had nothing to do with people in ITA wanting to protect ITA. The original premise behind the move was that the car could not make its minimum weight in ITS. However, the ITAC now knows of 2 or 3 cars that apparently easily make weight. Those who are already racing Civic Sis in ITS did not wish to move to ITA (at a MUCH heavier weight). Who wants to race a heavier car when they can race a lighter one? As you know, the car would have had to carry a LOT of ballast in ITA.

Anyway, that's the real story.

twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jul 2010 06:51 PM
    JSirota wrote:
    twin_turborx7 wrote:

I can say with authority that it had nothing to do with people in ITA wanting to protect ITA. The original premise behind the move was that the car could not make its minimum weight in ITS. However, the ITAC now knows of 2 or 3 cars that apparently easily make weight. Those who are already racing Civic Sis in ITS did not wish to move to ITA (at a MUCH heavier weight). Who wants to race a heavier car when they can race a lighter one? As you know, the car would have had to carry a LOT of ballast in ITA.

Anyway, that's the real story.

I don't see why you couldn't have left it like it was (heavier in ITA or lighter in ITS). All the concerns about tire/brake wear at the heavier weight for ITA were not relevant comments from people that know either. I posted facts about the weight I raced mine at in SS and the car was easy as hell on brakes and tires even when it was well overweight in SS, and this was SS prepared (far from IT)... I read the comments from the ITS guys getting it to the weight (and I agreed in that thread it wouldn't be hard so that was BS also) but I also think on the other hand all the heavy comments for ITA were not well founded. You seriously cannot believe that beyond the 3 guys that are willing to try them in ITS that the Civic Si is going to ever be competitive in ITS, do you?

Guess we will see how many show up at the ARRC etc.. Friendly bet?

twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jul 2010 06:54 PM

I should have added I have no real dog in the fight, I don't own one anymore (obviously) but I had thought about picking one up very cheap from an outgoing SS car and running a few races in ITA to show all the "it can't run at that weight in ITA without tearing stuff up" people it could, and give some of the ITA fella's some competition down in the SE ;)

JSirota

--
    28 Jul 2010 07:10 PM

Well, I agree 100% that the weight wouldn't have killed it. But we don't do dual-classing in IT (except for when ITR was created, some cars that had previously been in ITS got to keep that classing in case ITR fizzled), and I believe a well-built, well-driven Civic Si would be just as competitive in ITS at the light weight as it would have been in ITA at the heavy weight.

So ... let me know how I can help with your ITS ARRC effort!

patrat

--
    29 Jul 2010 05:44 AM
    Thanks for the info
    tfisch100

--
    04 Oct 2011 05:20 PM
    I don't need both cars. Can I have one for $5000 with only a 1/2 ton of extra parts?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner