20 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
FWR Solo D

--
18 Aug 2010 09:00 PM

<!--[endif]-->RACE THE CLOCK by testing your driving skills at this precision driving event with your car!

Drivers will compete one car at a time through a course lined with pylons.

Hoosier Challenge - Sunday Event is a returned challenge back to Indy Region.

Novice class for noobies!

Evolution Performance Driving School is Sponsoring:

Top PAX Driver and Top Paxing Novice will be awarded a $50 gift certificate to a 2011 Evolution Performance Drivers School.

More sponsors to be announced...

If running in a Pro (X) please put “X” after you name. We have created PRO Classes in the class selection in registration. It will be towards the bottom with an X after your car class. In this class you will be racing against the best in the area – do you have what it takes to run the X class?

If running as a NOVICE - help us out by putting an "N" after your name! If you have never raced at an event or competed less than 5 times in the past two years - enter the novice class.
    <!--[endif]-->

Loaner helmets available.
    <!--[endif]-->

7:30am to 8:30am - Registration & Tech Inspection (safety check)
    9:15am - Novice Walk
    9:45am - Drivers Meeting (mandatory)
    10:00am - First Car on course.

Everyone on-site MUST sign Insurance Waiver. Drivers under 18 years of age must have BOTH parents sign Minor Release Insurance Waiver and one on-site. Contact me for minor release forms before the event:

Jason: fwsccasoloprogram@gmail.com

Event Pricing: $25 member, $35 non-member

Please come prepared to pay in US paper currency - we do not except payment with credit cards nor loose change. Thank you for your cooperation.

Solo Tab off FWR Website
    <!--[endif]-->

Solo Facebook Page
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]-->

Event Location: Grissom Aeroplex, Peru IN 46970

Online Registration Closes 24-Sep-2010 9:00 PM EST

Online Registration Register Online Now! - View Entry List

Contacts:

Solo Director / Event Master

Jason Massey

fwsccasoloprogram@gmail.com

(260)749-1309

RE

Steve Mieritz

csp137@hotmail.com

Assistant RE

Travis Robuck

autoxer38@gmail.com

wrheadle

--
    15 Sep 2010 07:06 PM

Hey all-

Scott and I have come up with the course for the event. Hopefully you like something a little different. Back in the day, when Grayden would come up with something like this, we accused him of having mexican for breakfast (or sometihng like that).

Bill

Course Map

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Sep 2010 08:05 AM
    Nice - something different for Peru! I like it, but is it going to limit simultaneous runs too much? It will be hard to have more than 1 car on course for more than a short period of time. Design looks pretty cool though. I hope there aren't many people.
    wrheadle

--
    16 Sep 2010 09:19 AM

The Nebulizer wrote:
    is it going to limit simultaneous runs too much? It will be hard to have more than 1 car on course for more than a short period of time.

Scott and I talked about the reduction in throughput of runs on course due to the crossover, but we truly wanted to try something different, so we accepted the situation to get the layout.

There are currently 24 cars entered. Hopefully we get a good number, but not so many everyone has to stay super late to run.

Bill

Jason Massey Media

--
    16 Sep 2010 09:35 AM

Here is a illustration with flow lines.

Jason

wrheadle

--
    16 Sep 2010 10:46 AM
    Jason Massey Media wrote:

Here is a illustration with flow lines.

Jason

Close- the cars line up at the stage cones, not at the start cones, which makes it a little more challenging to launch car #2 before the first finish their second pass through the slalom. It was done that way to keep the staged cars further from the slalom in case someone wipes out. I think you have to wait for the car to ge tothe last slalom cone in their second pass through to start car #2.

Bill

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Sep 2010 03:13 AM

That's a long course! I don't see any tedious extra slow places though so I will enjoy it. I like slaloms so I should get my fill of them on that one!

Clemens
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Sep 2010 04:17 AM

The series wide schedule on soloseries.org states that FWR hosts events at Grissom both on Sept. 25 and 26. True of false? The FWR Web site only shows an event on Sept. 26.

I'd appreciate a clarification.

Clemens

FWR Solo D

--
    20 Sep 2010 08:33 AM

The 25th (Saturday) is only setup - no competition that day. Soloseries.org is no current with our schedule or my contact info.

The 26th (Sunday) is the competition event.

Let me know if you have questions.

Jason

260-749-1309

Clemens
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Sep 2010 09:34 AM

Jason,

Thanks for the clarification. You may want to get with Kim Bollinger, who, I believe, is the keeper of the series-wide solo schedule. I remember also seeing a Kruse event, which is not shown on the FWR Web site. I know there are people out there, including me, who look at the schedule on soloseries.org, so you may want to make sure it is accurate.

Clemens

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Sep 2010 07:05 PM

Fark! I am loaded up to come in the morning!

Oh well. See you Sunday!

Thanks Clemens!

FWR Solo D

--
    24 Sep 2010 07:08 PM

Sorry for any confusion there was with this. I tried getting everything changed and switched with everyone who had our schedule. See you Sunday - going to be a fun event for sure, lots of peeps coming from all over.

Cheers,

Jason Massey

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Sep 2010 06:05 PM
    We had great weather and a nice field. With the shortened course it all worked out just fine. Four runs seemed about right.
    FWR Solo D

--
    26 Sep 2010 07:10 PM

Thank you for the kind words Tom - we did learn a lot with this course style and I know Scott took some notes to help tweak things on his original layout. Him and I were both bummed we could not do the original layout - but we might have only got two runs in with it.

As for the four runs - when I had three National winning drivers come and ask if we would do four runs instead of the five - I was not second guessing the change, although - I wish I could have had one more run :P The long slalom was a blast, especially when you come to the cross over, it made it really interesting and fast if you setup for the pointer cone after the wall of laid down cones.

Thank you,

Jason

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Sep 2010 04:01 AM

I managed the crossover though it was tricky. The last too tight turn is the type I don't much like. With one that brings you down so slowly in a low powered car like a Miata you have so little power to accelerate to the finish. Now if you have a very tight one like that and the finish is close enough to finish it out in first, that would be fine. We had one like that at the terre haute site last year.

On my last run which I had nailed everything up to the above mentioned turn when I pulled my foot off the gas to brake I caught the edge of my shoe on the brake pedal on the way up and ended off course by the time I disentangled it.....bummer.

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Sep 2010 04:04 AM
    BTW, I would not have minded two runs on the original course design. It was so long you might hve been able to win with a cone!;)
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Sep 2010 07:33 AM

Fun event yesterday! I wasn't in love with the course when i walked it but it was a lot of fun to drive. It was a course that rewarded patience, something I struggle with but it forced me to work on it and it payed off!

So now that the invaders came and picked Indy's pocket of the Hoosier Challenge trophy, we have to get Cincinnati involved officially and make it the Hoosier / Buckeye Challenge.

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Sep 2010 05:14 PM
    Sounds good!
    nutty944
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Sep 2010 08:19 PM

Thanks for a very fun event!!!! Apart from my horrific spin on my frist run, I thought it was a very fun. I have to say the spin was fun, too, just not good for times :) Looking forward to future Hoosier Challenges!!!!

Not too many turned out good, but here's the pics that did. Sorry if I didn't get your car, I gave a shot at a bunch, heres what I was left with after dropping all the front end and rear end only shots...

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i...ge%202010/

balefire
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Sep 2010 11:11 PM
    nutty944 wrote:

Thanks for a very fun event!!!! Apart from my horrific spin on my frist run, I thought it was a very fun. I have to say the spin was fun, too, just not good for times :) Looking forward to future Hoosier Challenges!!!!

Not too many turned out good, but here's the pics that did. Sorry if I didn't get your car, I gave a shot at a bunch, heres what I was left with after dropping all the front end and rear end only shots...

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i...ge%202010/

Thanks for the pics!

Thanks also to all those who put on a good event. I'm glad we did 4 instead of 5 runs.

I didn't realize that so many national level drivers were there! Wish I stayed around a little longer to pick some of their brains...

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner