presents...

the 37th running of the

Florida State Autocross Championship
    at
    Gainesville Raceway
    Road course
    Sunday November 14

Registration Fee $ 55

Imagehttps://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/81C282F0-EB37-9DCE-E95ED830E2B3CA76
    racerbill24

--
    23 Sep 2010 09:56 AM
    I would like to give a big thumbs down to the Buccaneer Region for excluding the junior karts from participating in this years Florida State Championships. My son is the 2 time defending Florida state champion, 2010 Southeast Divisional Champion, 2010 Southern States National Tour winner, 2010 Dixie National tour winner and he traveled to Nebraska to compete at the National Championships. He's not being allowed at this years Florida State Championships ( A race in his own back yard ) because I quote It's an inconvenience. This is a great way to show support to the future of our sport.
    TeamFRD

--
    07 Nov 2010 08:17 PM

$55 or $57.50 for online payment. Closes on Wednesday.

Saturday test day available too. See motorsportreg.com for info.

Course design is posted - 3500 feet. Rewards those with skillz!

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Nov 2010 09:32 PM
    TeamFRD wrote:

$55 or $57.50 for online payment. Closes on Wednesday.

Saturday test day available too. See motorsportreg.com for info.

Course design is posted - 3500 feet. Rewards those with skillz!

Will there be any strippers walking around in bikinis during the lunch break for me to drool over ?

Andres3165
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Nov 2010 07:54 AM

Big thumbs up to the Organizers. Just moved to Florida a few months ago and this was one of the best events I have yet attended to. Well organized, nice people, great course design, over all a great experienced; way worth 5 hours drive.

Hope some other clubs in the area take notes on how to handle an Autocross event and satisfy participants, treat them with respect and doing so, attract new people.

Thanks so much

Andres

snookwheel

--
    17 Nov 2010 03:05 PM

I agree! A well run event and a very fun course We had a blast.

Scott

digitalseance

--
    18 Nov 2010 06:33 AM

racerbill24 wrote:
    I would like to give a big thumbs down to the Buccaneer Region for excluding the junior karts from participating in this years Florida State Championships. My son is the 2 time defending Florida state champion, 2010 Southeast Divisional Champion, 2010 Southern States National Tour winner, 2010 Dixie National tour winner and he traveled to Nebraska to compete at the National Championships. He's not being allowed at this years Florida State Championships ( A race in his own back yard ) because I quote It's an inconvenience. This is a great way to show support to the future of our sport.

Andres3165 wrote:
    Big thumbs up to the Organizers. Just moved to Florida a few months ago and this was one of the best events I have yet attended to. Well organized, nice people, great course design, over all a great experienced; way worth 5 hours drive.

Hope some other clubs in the area take notes on how to handle an Autocross event and satisfy participants, treat them with respect and doing so, attract new people.

Thanks so much

Andres

snookwheel wrote:

Scott

It's just amazing to see the differences of opinions from everyone. Those who didn't come are poo-pooing it and those that drove 5+ hours are extremely happy that they did so.

@racerbill - We do not have a jr kart steward so we could not accept jr karts as that would be against the rules. :) If you were a Jr Kart Steward, then you could ensure that your son will always be able to race no matter the region or its members. As for an inconvenience, we would have to PAY a Jr Kart Steward to come down from the Dixie Region to help us out...if he was available...all for 1 entry. Um, logic says no. Sorry.

@Andres & @Scott - We're stoked you guys had a blast! You're always welcome to any of our events! We hope to see you again in the future!

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Nov 2010 10:11 AM
    digitalseance wrote:

racerbill24 wrote:

Andres3165 wrote:

Thanks so much

Andres

snookwheel wrote:

Scott

It's just amazing to see the differences of opinions from everyone. Those who didn't come are poo-pooing it and those that drove 5+ hours are extremely happy that they did so.

@racerbill - We do not have a jr kart steward so we could not accept jr karts as that would be against the rules. :) If you were a Jr Kart Steward, then you could ensure that your son will always be able to race no matter the region or its members. As for an inconvenience, we would have to PAY a Jr Kart Steward to come down from the Dixie Region to help us out...if he was available...all for 1 entry. Um, logic says no. Sorry.

@Andres & @Scott - We're stoked you guys had a blast! You're always welcome to any of our events! We hope to see you again in the future!

Sounds like fun. Sorry I missed it.

However, nowhere did I read about nymphomaniac hookers showing up, and giving free samples to participants that look like Jerry Lewis, so in my mind it could have been worse-----I could've missed that.

snookwheel

--
    18 Nov 2010 04:30 PM
    That's because what happens in Gainesville....... stays in Gainesville. Or was that Vegas?
    Andres3165
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Nov 2010 04:43 PM
    David Lehman wrote:
    digitalseance wrote:

racerbill24 wrote:

Andres3165 wrote:

Thanks so much

Andres

snookwheel wrote:

Scott

Sounds like fun. Sorry I missed it.

However, nowhere did I read about nymphomaniac hookers showing up, and giving free samples to participants that look like Jerry Lewis, so in my mind it could have been worse-----I could've missed that.

David you have issues...[:P]

We should try to start running events like this down here more often

Andres

Andres3165
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Dec 2010 12:26 PM
    digitalseance wrote:

racerbill24 wrote:

So what does it take to become a Youth Steward or Kart Steward ??? When are the certifications courses going to be held and where? I'm in South Fla. it might be something worth to look into

Thanks

Andres

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner