[url="http://www.floridaracer.com"]www.floridaracer.com[/URL]
    Z06

--
    28 Dec 2000 06:14 PM
    Works for me also.
    Outsider

--
    03 Jan 2001 11:28 AM
    Yup! SCCAForums Image Been on a couple of car forums and there's always bashing of other make vehicles. Here, I hope the common bond is not the type of car, but what we all do with them! Race the snot out of 'em! SCCAForums Image

------------------
    '94 CSP Miata
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    03 Jan 2001 12:18 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Outsider:
    [b]Yup! SCCAForums Image Been on a couple of car forums and there's always bashing of other make vehicles. Here, I hope the common bond is not the type of car, but what we all do with them! Race the snot out of 'em! SCCAForums Image
    [/b]

Unfortunately. . . ;( ;(

I believe those whose memories are fresh with the "intercarbrand" wars and bashing common in other forums are coming from some of the various forums that cater largely to young people and/or the drag race oriented crowd. Some people talk about the domestic muscle vs. rice-body issues.

You can have the drag racing venue. It's nice to go out to the strip for a time slip, but drag racing is about a bottomless money pit effort for better and better times with real life driver skills being pretty much irrelevant. In stark contrast, autox is about 95% driving skill, and only about 5% car setup after the driving skills are established.

------------------
    Bob Hempy
    SoPac CSCC GRA
    SM #27
    NBM 1998 Z28 M6
    PGM 1995 Z28 A4

[This message has been edited by Ken Grammer (edited January 03, 2001).]
    8Complex

--
    03 Jan 2001 05:04 PM
    I highly agree. This BBS seems to be full of nice, decent people talking from intelligence rather then emotion. Just for that, I've decided to try to visit here daily. SCCAForums Image
    Crazyquik

--
    03 Jan 2001 07:14 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 8Complex:
    [b]This BBS seems to be full of nice, decent people talking from intelligence rather then emotion.[/b]

Intelligence?? Opps, I better leave then SCCAForums Image

[QUOTE] Originally posted by NBM LS1 M6:
    [b]You can have the drag racing venue. It's nice to go out to the strip for a time slip, but drag racing is about a bottomless money pit effort for better and better times with real life driver skills being pretty much irrelevant.[/b][QUOTE]

Thats not what drag racing is to me, nor to many of my friends. We just get off on being pushed back into the seat REALLY hard, while some people like to be pushed sideways in the seat REALLY hard SCCAForums Image Also, after you've spent $X,XXX on mods to your car, its nice to know you could beat that $115,000 Porsche or $140,000 Ferrari in a street race. Sure the build quality is totally different, the paint isn't as good, you dont have the heritage the handling or the braking, but you still won SCCAForums Image Not a flame, this is just the way me and some friends of mine view it. I know a guy with a 9 second Camaro that runs through the cones every now and then. He also does his drag racing with his auto-x springs, swaybars and shocks still on.

----------------
    [b]Quik's Silver[/b]
    1998 Z28 1LE A4 with mods
    mostly drag, but maybe some cones this year

[This message has been edited by Crazyquik (edited January 03, 2001).]
    floridaracer

--
    03 Jan 2001 07:31 PM
    i dont know about other people, but i get pushed BACK in the seat just as much as i get pushed sideways and fowards when i autocross. and yes, you may beat a 911 in a street race, but if cars were made to be drag raced, why do they have steering wheels, wide front tires, and brakes?

i like using every part of my car [including the driver] to its maximum ability, and after autocrossing, drag racing is nothing but a bore to me...

------------------
    Mike - 80 Z/28
    Solo2 CP? Street Mod? where do i go?
    [url="http://www.floridaracer.com"]www.floridaracer.com[/URL]
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Jan 2001 07:42 PM
    I don't know... I really love both... I think they are both exciting, both have positives, and negatives... The Drag Racer in me will never die... but that is just another reason why Pro Solo has meant so much to me... National Tours are Great, 1/4 Mile is Great...but PRO SOLO is a lil of both!
    Dave
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    03 Jan 2001 09:43 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave Schotz:
    [b]I don't know... I really love both... I think they are both exciting, both have positives, and negatives... The Drag Racer in me will never die...
    Dave[/b]

Hmmm. . . as soon as the heads and cam go into my '98Z I'll probably be back to the strip. Of course, GM dropped a crate LS1 in my car after 10K miles and too many "Saturday afternoon drives," but that is another story, and I think I have learned my lesson. In that light, I guess it's ironic my personalized plates say "RPO LS1." SCCAForums Image With 107 mph traps on 2.3 60', I'm satisfied for the present with the knowledge that it's capable of 12s as is despite my poor driving skills. SCCAForums Image

Bob

[This message has been edited by NBM LS1 M6 (edited June 30, 2001).]
    SuperToy

--
    07 Jan 2001 01:58 PM
    I like... I see what other people on here race...And not drag racing... Give me a good ol road race any day....
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    30 Jun 2001 08:34 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by floridaracer:
    [b]I finally feel like I belong somewhere SCCAForums Image
    [/b]

Ah, yes. Sweet nostalgia. Notice how we loved this forum from the start. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

------------------
    Bob Hempy
    SoPac Cal Club GRA
    CSCC Solo2 E-Board Secretary
    PGM 1995 Z28 A4 (grocery getter)
    NBM 1998 Z28 M6 (autox car)
    ESP #27
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner