Page 1 of 912345 > >>
Author Messages
pru
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
31 Aug 2010 05:16 AM

Via ApexSpeed FF Classified Section

84 RF84 Vandiemen Formula Ford : KY / Currently configured for Solo / $6,700 ($9,500 with enclosed trailer)

1981 Dulon MP21 : ID / Currently configured for Solo / $10,000 (includes enclosed trailer)

Van Diemen RF84 : CA / Recent ground-up restoration / $6,500

PCalhoun
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Sep 2010 02:14 PM

Is the sale didn't go thru, this car is a good deal and will ultimately be a more competitve car than an 84 VD.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=40298" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=40298

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=40298" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=40298" mce_href="http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=40298" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=40298">

pru
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Sep 2010 03:21 PM
    PCalhoun wrote:

Is the sale didn't go thru, this car is a good deal and will ultimately be a more competitve car than an 84 VD.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=40298

Pete,

Sale pending on the RF-85. Nearly certain that it will end up in Indy...[;)]

pru
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Sep 2010 05:31 AM
    Van Diemen RF85 for Sale : WI / Fresh powder coated frame / $10,000 ($11,000 with open trailer)
    Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08 Sep 2010 06:06 AM

pru wrote:
    Van Diemen RF85 for Sale : WI / Fresh powder coated frame / $10,000 ($11,000 with open trailer)

Pru,

You beat me to it. Looks a lot better than mine!

Excellent CM car in my obviously biased opinion! Probably just needs an integral first gear and fresh 25B's to be READY to clean up in autoxcrosses!

Dick

CM 85

85 VD

Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Sep 2010 10:54 AM

Still for sale:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=41764

Not mine.

Dick

85 VD RF-85

CM 85

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Sep 2010 07:32 AM
    pru wrote:
    PCalhoun wrote:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=40298

Pete,

Sale pending on the RF-85. Nearly certain that it will end up in Indy...[;)]

Yep, Nick Myers bought it. Mark Lamm has been tinkering with it all week. It should have it's first event this weekend.

That 85 in Wisconsin has me all hot and bothered! I need to get my Miata sold fast!

Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Sep 2010 08:04 AM

GChambers wrote:

Yep, Nick Myers bought it. Mark Lamm has been tinkering with it all week. It should have it's first event this weekend.

[:D]

Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 Sep 2010 08:49 AM

Great if we can get three 85 VD's to show up at Nationals! I'm shooting for 2012 after I hopefully either retire or have more vacation (2 weeks total sucks compared to the 4 or 5 I had at my previous job.)

FYI, how did Don Elzinga pull off a second place in a single driver car?

Dick (usually single driver . . . I take the "solo" part of "solo" literally [:D] )

85 VD

CM85

pru
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Nov 2010 08:43 AM

Via ApexSpeed FF Classified Section

1985 Reynard FF : DE / includes open trailer / $6500

barryott

--
    19 Nov 2010 12:07 PM

Tyson Sawyer was a perennial front runner in his '85 Reynard, and Daddio won Nationals when he drove it. Cheap too! I remember Tyson saying he ended up welding the floor pan on his to keep it attached and help with stiffening the chassis....

Barry

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 09:45 AM
    I am thinking about that 85 Reynard. I went down to Indy on Sunday and tried Geoff's Vandieman on for size and found it a challange to get in and out of and to push pedals one at a time. After reading some on Apex I think these are solvable problems. Can any body comment on the width and foot room in the 85 Reynard compared to the 84 Vandieman?
    pru
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 11:13 AM

t walgamuth wrote:
    I am thinking about that 85 Reynard...Can any body comment on the width and foot room in the 85 Reynard compared to the 84 Vandieman?

I never sat in a '84 Van Dieman, but I did own a '85 Reynard (the aforementioned Sawyer/Daddio car). That said, I believe what you find is, outside of the Swift, most of the FF/CM chassis of that era have roughly the same size footbox. That is, the footbox size of the '84 Van Dieman and '85 Reynard should be very close.

Question: what type of shoes (if any) were you using while trying out Geoff's car? The footbox size of nearly all FF/CM chassis dictates that drivers use very tight fitting shoes (drivers, wrestling, etc.) to properly work the pedals as well as get in/out of the car. When someone not wearing this type of footwear tests the fit of my Swift, I tell them that they best remove their shoes if they really want to properly fit let alone get in/out.

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 11:38 AM
    I am thinking about that 85 Reynard. I went down to Indy on Sunday and tried Geoff's Vandieman on for size and found it a challange to get in and out of and to push pedals one at a time. After reading some on Apex I think these are solvable problems. Can any body comment on the width and foot room in the 85 Reynard compared to the 84 Vandieman?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 11:40 AM
    pru wrote:

I never sat in a '84 Van Dieman, but I did own a '85 Reynard (the aforementioned Sawyer/Daddio car). That said, I believe what you find is, outside of the Swift, most of the FF/CM chassis of that era have roughly the same size footbox. That is, the footbox size of the '84 Van Dieman and '85 Reynard should be very close.

Question: what type of shoes (if any) were you using while trying out Geoff's car? The footbox size of nearly all FF/CM chassis dictates that drivers use very tight fitting shoes (drivers, wrestling, etc.) to properly work the pedals as well as get in/out of the car. When someone not wearing this type of footwear tests the fit of my Swift, I tell them that they best remove their shoes if they really want to properly fit let alone get in/out.

I have a no shoe rule for anyone stepping foot in my car. Same with no food, or drink. [:D]

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 12:42 PM

t walgamuth wrote:

Tom, like I told you last night, those shoes would make a big difference. Also, my car is tighter to get into than any of the other cars I've sat in. Try a few out. Don't rush into anything. I'm guessing you'll find one that fits if you look long enough.

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 02:39 PM

Geoff, thanks very much for your generous sharing of your car last night.

I can see you are going to be having some real fun with it next year!

Tom

PCalhoun
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 05:04 PM

t walgamuth wrote:

As noted footwear makes a difference, as does sitting in the car w/ your belt on, wallet in your pocket, or wearing a sweatshirt Yes, they are a tight fit, but once you have a seat made to your proportions, adjust the pedals & steering column a lot of folks can be made to fit and be much more comfortable.

What size shoe do you wear? If it is under 12 you should not have a problem.

Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 07:52 PM

Tom,

I forgot to mention in the emails last night that the pedal pads themselves may be the "issue". When I had pads with longer bolts made I also carefully determined the pad width and "offset" to minimize foot overlap without having the pads too far apart. Note the "flag look" of the brake pedal in the picture I sent you. One of the benefits of Mod compared to stock based class rules. Minor hassles compared to the fun factor!

By the way, there is no room for a dead pedal in my car. I do have a heel rest but I don't think I ever use it.

Dick

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Nov 2010 11:39 PM

Yes, I was reflecting today that if I don't like the pedals I can change them unlike in a stock class!;)

Dick, thanks for your help!

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 912345 > >>

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner