Author Messages
Sho Torii
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
28 Jul 2011 03:10 PM
Lynn wrote:
Limited slip diff's are not legal.

Thanks! I stumbled upon a great thread here "Moving to C Mod an Introduction" authored by Peter Calhoun et al. I should have read the thread before posting the stupid question.

adhowe70
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
28 Jul 2011 11:06 PM
It isn't autocross prep, but you'll spend money on supplies to build yourself a custom seat. You might also spend some money on a set of hotter spark plugs ($10, seriously). Another item that is reasonably common is cooling fans for the radiators, but this is very car / owner dependent.

By far, you'll spend more time learning how to do stuff on the car than spending money to do it.
Sho Torii
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
29 Jul 2011 08:40 AM
adhowe70 wrote:
It isn't autocross prep, but you'll spend money on supplies to build yourself a custom seat. You might also spend some money on a set of hotter spark plugs ($10, seriously). Another item that is reasonably common is cooling fans for the radiators, but this is very car / owner dependent.

By far, you'll spend more time learning how to do stuff on the car than spending money to do it.

Thanks! I would love to learn how to do stuff on the car by myself! I guess I can learn a great deal by asking questions here at ApexSpeed.

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
29 Jul 2011 09:26 PM
Sho Torii wrote:
adhowe70 wrote:

Thanks! I would love to learn how to do stuff on the car by myself! I guess I can learn a great deal by asking questions here at ApexSpeed.

It's really unbelievable how helpful the rest of the CM guys are. You won't have any trouble adjusting.

pru
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
03 Aug 2011 09:10 PM

EuroSwift SC93 Complete Package, AZ, $10,500

Quote:

1993 EuroSwift SC93 FF

Completely track ready.
Pushrod suspension on both ends
Ivey Engine with 15 hours, build receipt for 5700.00
New:
Rod bearings, main bearings, SCAT crank.
+5 Complete pistons with pinset and spirolocs, wristpins, timing chain,tensioner and follower. Engine contains all of the
newest and best parts., Ivey dyno sheet available to serious inquirers.
K&amp;N air filter
Haynes Weber Manual

LD 200 with the following ratios:
First:
16:34
18:34
Top gears:
18:32
20:27
20:30
23:28
22:30
25:27

All dog rings and gears new or slightly used.

1 set(4) Panasports lightly used
1 set (4) Panasports brand new in boxes from Porter, never had tires mounted

AIM Mychron Data System, with USB cable, oil pressure, H2O temp, wheel speed sensor, integral lateral G sensor, RPM, etc.

New Aluminum radiators, never mounted, one spare used brass stock radiator.

Rev limiter installed (6700 RPM) stock rotor as spare

All suspension pieces removed, crack tested and painted 2011.

OEM SPAX shocks rebuilt and dynoed 2011.

Removable steering wheel.

All rod ends/heims new or near new.

New Crow belts, 2011

Carbon/Kevlar brake pads (Averill)

One set of single heat cycle Goodyear 430 slicks. One set of used, one weekend Sumitomo radials, suitable for rain use.

New in car battery, with Tender.
New Jump battery with external charger/Anderson plug

Hardwired AMB Transponder

Spares:
Front upright
Rear upright
Rear sway bar
Two brake rotors
European muffler
Misc pushrods/ bits and pieces

Complete setup notes, and receipts in binders.

Roll hoop SCCA compliant, with front aluminum crushbox, no SCCA logbook, but they have homoligation records.

In Laws' health issues forces sale.

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Aug 2011 01:47 PM

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...hp?t=47113

Unf!!!! Someone please buy this and bring it to grid so I can drool on it.

Markwrx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
17 Aug 2011 11:14 PM

That is an amazing car. I thought my 90 Van Diemen had some nice engineering. Things just keep getting "better".

pru
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Sep 2011 08:48 PM

Via Sports 2000 Forum : Royale RP-37 S-2000 # 17 $14,000 OBO

Quote:
1984 Royale, running olds quad 4 engine, started life as pinto 2000. Been in canada for years. Spares, gears, tires, compomotives(12) etc. selling due to finances.
See PRNmag.com/formula or sports racer.
Best offer now.

PRN Ad : Royale RP-37 S-2000 # 17 NEW PRICE

Lynn
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Sep 2011 12:09 AM
The Royale is not legal for CM due to the Olds engine. Per the GCR, the only legal engine for S2000 is the Ford 2 liter. The Royale would be legal for BM.
pru
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
06 Sep 2011 08:44 AM
Lynn wrote:
The Royale is not legal for CM due to the Olds engine. Per the GCR, the only legal engine for S2000 is the Ford 2 liter. The Royale would be legal for BM.

Lynn,

Yep, due to the Olds engine, it would be a BM car, but this car started life as true Ford powered S2. That is, someone could buy the car and compete initially in BM or swap out the Old with Ford for CM.

I posted this car as there have been very few S2 for sale in this price range. There are folks who would like to run a S2, but reasonably price cars have been hard to find. Given the sellers situation, I would think that this car could be had for less than the $14,000 asking price. That is, I am sure you could convert this car to Ford power and have a CM S2 for a total cost of ~$15,000.

barryott

--
06 Sep 2011 08:44 AM
&lt;shameless plug, sorry&gt; I have a Pinto motor that will be available soon if somebody wants to make the Royale CM legal again. &lt;shameless plug, sorry&gt;
pru
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
19 Sep 2011 09:58 AM

Via ApexSpeed: Zink Z10B, VA, $8,500

pru
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
19 Sep 2011 10:02 AM
pru
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Oct 2011 05:12 PM
Via ApexSpeed : 84 Citation FF , CT
mwood
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
09 Oct 2011 10:46 PM
OK, I'm now officially looking for a good Ford. Swift and Reynard at top of list, but if anyone knows of a good car at a fair price, I'm openminded. In a perfect world, the deal would include trailer, since I'd prefer to go to something lighter than my current 18' tandem axle. I'm located in Northern California, but have no problem looking at stuff midwest/back east.

Thanks for any help or thoughts shared.
Mike
adhowe70
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
09 Oct 2011 11:00 PM
mwood wrote:
OK, I'm now officially looking for a good Ford. Swift and Reynard at top of list, but if anyone knows of a good car at a fair price, I'm openminded. In a perfect world, the deal would include trailer, since I'd prefer to go to something lighter than my current 18' tandem axle. I'm located in Northern California, but have no problem looking at stuff midwest/back east.

Mike

Now we're talking! There is a1983 Van Diemen available in Bend, Oregon that would make a decent CM car. Price sounds negotiable with this motivated seller, but I don't know if it is already gone yet or not.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...Et_H74dRaw

Andy

Markwrx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Oct 2011 11:00 PM
mwood wrote:

Mike

What, you're looking for something to beat the Van Diemen?

mwood
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Oct 2011 08:42 PM
^Nah, I love your Van Diemen, but I lust after the Swift DB1 ;-)

Andy, I'm looking for an inboard suspension car...they're just too cool.
adhowe70
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
10 Oct 2011 09:39 PM
The 1983 VD's are as inboard as my Reynard... which is to say it is a rocker arm car. Not saying this is the right car for you, just pointing out that little tidbit.
mwood
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Oct 2011 10:05 PM
adhowe70 wrote:
The 1983 VD's are as inboard as my Reynard... which is to say it is a rocker arm car. Not saying this is the right car for you, just pointing out that little tidbit.

[newbie]My bad. I thought that year VD was outboard coil over. I also did not know the Reynard was a rocker arm inboard.

I have much to learn. I drove two events in Fords back in '96-'97 in vintage racing (when my primary ride, i.e. my car, was a Crusader FV), but outside of that experience, am starting from scratch.[/newbie]

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 6 of 9 << < 45678 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner