My towing setup.
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Gword256

--
29 Sep 2010 06:46 PM

http://g35driver.com/forums/attachments/events/126821d1285810395-performance-driving-events-racing-dfw-surrounding-areas-2010-p1080125.jpg

99' Ram 2500 6l Turbo Diesel

-2x4 w/ Open Diff :-( , 5 speed, very few options

99' Real-Lite Pop-up Truck Camper

-w/ Bathroom & Shower!!!

'07 Infiniti G35

-Not Very Stock

The open differential really bugs me. I'm hoping new wheels will reduce wheel spin on that truck. I'll get 12mpg as shown and about 16mpg without the camper.

I'm still working on where to bolt down D-rings (really I know where just to lazy to go and do it). I need to mount a spare tire on the trailer somewhere rather than carry it in the camper.

The guy I bought the camper from took out the 2-way fridge (it better have been broke) and put in a regular 120v mini fridge so thats high on the list to replace. One smart thing the previous over did was mount an A/C between the camper and the truck bed, that works great! He did a poor job of cutting a hole in the camper but my dad and I made it look a little better and built a 'drawer' that'll hold the weight of the A/C and make it really easy to slide in and out.

Just thought I'd share.

- G

sti4rs

--
    29 Sep 2010 10:39 PM
    I would like to see more info on the G35.. I love those cars!
    MotoEsotico

--
    22 Oct 2010 11:48 AM
    Nice setup and car!
    BigEnos
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Oct 2010 02:33 PM
    Seems like throwing a locker in there wouldn't be doable. If it's anything like my Camaro, merely swapping the carrier doesn't require that you re-set the gears.
    reddog_es22
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Oct 2010 07:42 PM
    One thing to think about with the open diff, it might not be such a bad thing while towing. If you spin a tire with an open diff you maintain directional stability. If both tires break loose with the trailer attached it could get pretty sketchy...
    Bullitt2954
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Oct 2010 03:33 PM

STS_Underdog wrote:
    One thing to think about with the open diff, it might not be such a bad thing while towing. If you spin a tire with an open diff you maintain directional stability. If both tires break loose with the trailer attached it could get pretty sketchy...

Good Point - perhaps one of those air-locking or electrically-locking diffs? I know there are a couple of companies out there than make them.

BigEnos
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Nov 2010 07:03 PM

BigEnos wrote:
    Seems like throwing a locker in there wouldn't be doable. If it's anything like my Camaro, merely swapping the carrier doesn't require that you re-set the gears.

That should say "would be doable". In other words it should be a reasonably simple swap.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner