--
18 Oct 2010 05:59 PM
    I thought I would write something just to past the time![:D]
    cbailey
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Oct 2010 09:35 AM
    Start a thread about street tires. That should keep everyone talking. ;)
    ebnrt
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Oct 2010 09:25 PM

uscrew96 wrote:
    I thought I would write something just to past the time![:D]

Um...been there, done that.

Rob Bedelis

--
    21 Oct 2010 02:15 PM

OK, so how about that March Of Dimes PDX last Friday?? Mike ? Erik? You guys were there - what were your impressions?

I thought we had a nice "selection" of participant vehicles - Ferraris, a Maserati, a Lambo, R8, bevies of Porsches, BMW's, Corvettes, what else?

Anyone take a hellride with Peter Cunningham? In the GT40? I heard both were quite entertaining...

uscrew96
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Oct 2010 02:49 PM
    Rob I will talk to on Saturday on what we need to for next year! It was a great time.
    eric_o

--
    21 Oct 2010 06:57 PM

My dad and I both got rides with Cunningham and agreed that it was a highlight. Not just of the event, but of the summer. Or our lives. Or all of human history. Okay, that might be exaggerating a tiny bit, but not much. My dad's ride was after the front tires went to the back, so apparently it was particularly maniacal. I just couldn't get over how fast and precise his feet were. That's not a compliment I often give to men.

I also got a ride with Boris in the Panamera, and that was the exact opposite experience but still brilliant. He was relaxed and cool as a cucumber, turning around to talk to me in the back seat about subtleties of the dual-clutch transmission while the poor dude in the passenger seat just about clawed at the dashboard in witless fear. The car was the laziest, least dramatic crazy-stupid-fast I've ever seen. I could seriously have sipped tea and crocheted in the back seat while we passed group 1 Z06s and pimped race cars on the inside of the carousel.

Tech in the morning was a great chance to see the cars and meet some really nice people (and some people who drive "flat out" too) and I thought from then on the event went really well until the checkered flag of the last run group, when Asshat McMoron put his 'stang into the wall. I had a blast and can't wait to help out again next year.

--e

ebnrt
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Oct 2010 07:37 PM
    Rob Bedelis wrote:

OK, so how about that March Of Dimes PDX last Friday?? Mike ? Erik? You guys were there - what were your impressions?

I thought we had a nice "selection" of participant vehicles - Ferraris, a Maserati, a Lambo, R8, bevies of Porsches, BMW's, Corvettes, what else?

Anyone take a hellride with Peter Cunningham? In the GT40? I heard both were quite entertaining...

No hellrides for me, but he (PD) thrilled the bejesus out of my stepmom. Only complaint was that there were a number of drivers who were, shall we say, discourteous in the non-use of their mirrors; they were in fast-in-a-straight-line cars, but did all they could to hold up some more nimble cars on the more twisty bits of the track. There was a Maserati and a silver Boxter that specifically come to mind. I think the instructors riding in those cars could have been more aware of the cars wanting to get by--who were kind of hosed out of their sessions because of this.

Aside from that it was a great day--and I an glad we helped raise the money that we did! My highlight was the Audi R8 V10. It hit about 160 going into T1. It accelerated like it was being pushed by the hand of God. Amazing car, that a tall bloke like myself actually fits in.

uscrew96
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Oct 2010 08:17 PM
    ebnrt wrote:
    Rob Bedelis wrote:

No hellrides for me, but he (PD) thrilled the bejesus out of my stepmom. Only complaint was that there were a number of drivers who were, shall we say, discourteous in the non-use of their mirrors; they were in fast-in-a-straight-line cars, but did all they could to hold up some more nimble cars on the more twisty bits of the track. There was a Maserati and a silver Boxter that specifically come to mind. I think the instructors riding in those cars could have been more aware of the cars wanting to get by--who were kind of hosed out of their sessions because of this.

Aside from that it was a great day--and I an glad we helped raise the money that we did! My highlight was the Audi R8 V10. It hit about 160 going into T1. It accelerated like it was being pushed by the hand of God. Amazing car, that a tall bloke like myself actually fits in.

Eric sorry about told him to watch but some times thing are out of your control. Also reminded him, on his next turn to watch. [:$]

BMoore
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Oct 2010 07:00 PM

The hellrides with Petey were absolutely nuts. They didn't scare me at all as he wasn't doing anything I hadn't already done in the BSP car (besides oiling down the track), but the shear majesty of his footwork and his car control were mind boggling. The way he seamlessly moved through the group 4 rolling chicaynes was an artwork. I'd gladly pay the $50 to go on another ride.

The GT-40, on the other hand... I feel sorry for the poor sap that paid $50 for that ride. The driver, at least, was painfully slow through every turn. The car had enough balls to blow me out on every straight but I would out brake and out corner him every single time. I guess that's how those spec miata folk feel. He was also kind enough to coat the windshield of the BSP car with a fine layer of oil. Real GT-40 or not, get the hell out of the way.

Following Boris was great as well. His controlled slides around the carousel were great, I could watch the front wheels dance while the rear was constantly on the limit of adhesion. Boris did give me and the old man the point by, which was nice.

uscrew96
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Oct 2010 06:03 PM
    BMoore wrote:

Following Boris was great as well. His controlled slides around the carousel were great, I could watch the front wheels dance while the rear was constantly on the limit of adhesion. Boris did give me and the old man the point by, which was nice.

Was it before he corded the front tires?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner