--
20 Oct 2010 08:39 PM
    What, nobody running this weekend?[:^)]
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Oct 2010 01:45 AM

You could run Fort Wayne or Indy. Everything else is a lot further away.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

2superblus
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Oct 2010 07:36 AM
    He is talking about the lack of prereg for this weekends two events on Sat and Sun.
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Oct 2010 10:38 AM

2superblus wrote:
    He is talking about the lack of prereg for this weekends two events on Sat and Sun.

Oooops, sorry. I didn't know you guys were having any events this weekend. There's nothing on the SCCA Events Schedule about it, at least, when I last looked.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

fenter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Oct 2010 08:08 PM

That may be due to the late season reschedule of events 7 and 8.

Only 10% chance of snow according to Intellicast (as of yesterday) :) Surely we can do better than that.

eric_o

--
    24 Oct 2010 08:36 PM

Mine is the mostly-uninformed and somewhat-biased opinion, but I LOVED Bart's course design this weekend. Autocrossing Road America was dangerous and potentially campy, but I think he pulled it off and really created an inspired design with some incredibly fast parts, plenty of rope to hang yourself, and some very technical line choices. Everything was difficult in the wet (unless you were driving a Fiero) but in the dry I thought the flow and coherence were there. Saturday's final wallom was just too much fun, and Sunday's carousel through the kink and shooting the gap through to the finish was all remarkably smooth and rewarded the same behavior as Elkhart Lake.

I never did put everything together on either day, but this was easily one of my favorite courses of the season and a great one to end on.

Eric

cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    25 Oct 2010 07:23 AM

Only ran Sunday but overall, I liked the course. Generally a bit tight with slower average speeds, the right hander after the walloms was downright painful. We could have used one longer straight section.

Jeff

vetteblues10

--
    25 Oct 2010 12:09 PM
    Would have run... but... I decided to punish myself with a 10 hr drive to Blytheville for the Tri-State instead. Besides I'm getting tired of MikeSS kill me in his Cobalt. [;)]
    cbailey
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Oct 2010 02:02 PM

How was the Blytheville event? If we hadn't had the conflict with a pair of local events, it would've been fun to try and make it down.

As for the course this weekend, I generally had fun with it also, though I liked the feel of Sunday a little more with the second half's higher speed section pretty much all the way through the finish. Great way to finish the year, definitely. And, even with the weather, it turned out much better than we might have expected in late October.

vetteblues10

--
    25 Oct 2010 02:20 PM
    cbailey wrote:

How was the Blytheville event?

Blytheville was fun. Not really the most thrilling part of the country, but they got a nice big surface. There are some nice lodging options and the onsite BBQ was very good. Got a ride in a STX RX8, out of the same part of DFW I moved from. It was pretty dusty, and we struggled keeping heat in the tires Saturday. But Sunday, we got things more figured out and the car as very quick. It would have been nice to run another local event (as I still don't know a ton of people there), but I really like running National tour events.

MikeSS

--
    28 Oct 2010 02:51 PM

hah.

After saturday i knew i would do better sunday. Though i dono why Mark went to an Amod index.

Bertman716238

--
    28 Oct 2010 02:58 PM
    I think Mark did A mod index because one of the drivers was unhappy that he switched to my car for the afternoon.
    MikeSS

--
    28 Oct 2010 03:08 PM

ahh, it was the same index and so i didnt have a problem with it. I wanted to run mark in the se-r

Bertman716238

--
    28 Oct 2010 09:29 PM

It was fun to see Mark go against you in a more competitive car (Bob's ZX2 should be a H-Stock car) and it was a lot of fun to ride with Mark in my car.

Stephen, just saw the pax results for Blytheville, 34th out of 155, strong work and good job.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner