You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
BSTON
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
12 Nov 2010 09:33 AM
It takes right around an hour to get there from the south side of Milwaukee if I remember correctly. I'd be fine with meeting at the College Ave park and ride around 10:30-10:45.
cbailey
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
12 Nov 2010 09:43 AM
College Ave. still works for me, too. Anyone coming from the North can just head straight there rather than having to head West just to come back East. I say we call it 10:30 just to put some pressure on the stragglers and late sleepers! [;)]
TrEvoRS

--
12 Nov 2010 12:12 PM
Rob Bedelis wrote:

Good to see all of the affirmative responses - this promises to be yet another fine "shootout" [H][Y] I have one update regarding the start time:

I believe I had originally indicated a start time of 10AM - that is incorrect.

The correct start time is 1230PM - that's when we have to be ready for the driver's meeting / suiting up. I would recommend being there around high noon. Hopefully this change in start time won't "disenfranchise" any prospective participants... [*-)]

That may be a problem for me... When do you think we may be done in that case? And while I am asking questions, how does qualifyig work? Is it based on lap time or finishing order? I am thinking having never done this before, if I am in the first qualifying session my day may be over quite fast :)

Aytinc

BSTON
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
12 Nov 2010 12:26 PM
TrEvoRS wrote:

That may be a problem for me... When do you think we may be done in that case? And while I am asking questions, how does qualifyig work? Is it based on lap time or finishing order? I am thinking having never done this before, if I am in the first qualifying session my day may be over quite fast :)

Aytinc

Everyone runs all three qualifiers. In one race you will start towards the front, one in the middle, and one towards the back. Then they average your finishing position to determine your starting position in the championship race.

When we had a very large group a couple years ago they actually ran a consolation race and then the top 2 finishers from that also ran in the championship. That way everyone gets the minimum number of laps.

uscrew96
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
uscrew96
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
Rob Bedelis

--
13 Nov 2010 06:00 AM

Aytinc,

Typically we have been "on site" for about 2 hours or so - they keep things moving fairly quickly, and the actual seat time is around 30 - 40 minutes. Given the anticipated turnout, I suspect that we will need more than three qualifiers to accommodate everyone, so you will likely get a break at least between two of your qualifiers, but I would also expect to be running a pair of qualifiers back-to-back. Clear as mud, right?

I'm not yet sure if we'll have a B-Main - I'm guessing that will depend on the actual number of participants that show up on Sunday. See you there!

Rob

Mugenlude
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
13 Nov 2010 07:29 AM
Any chance that someone can pick me up at the P&R in Racine?
Rob Bedelis

--
13 Nov 2010 08:30 AM

Mugenlude wrote:
Any chance that someone can pick me up at the P&R in Racine?

If I have room in the Sub, I'll pick you up. Is the Racine P&R off of Hwy 20?

Mugenlude
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
13 Nov 2010 03:55 PM
The Racine P&R is on Hey 11, however, Hwy 100 P&R would better for me actually... so I should change my post to, can someone pick me up at Oak Creek P&R... =)
Bertman716238

--
13 Nov 2010 09:30 PM
For College Ave, the NE or SW lot?
Rob Bedelis

--
13 Nov 2010 09:40 PM

Eric,

We'll be meeting at the College Ave SW P&R lot around 1030AM - see you there,

Rob

Heat Seeker WS6

--
13 Nov 2010 11:23 PM
I'll see you at the park & ride
cbailey
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Nov 2010 09:56 AM

Well, nice racing everyone! As expected, Lawrence cleaned up on us, but there was plenty of close racing overall. Congrats to the winners, and those who avoided crashing into poles.

Rob, I realized that I spun you out (accidentally!) last time we were down there, so I'll just call it even. [;)] I also hit both poles that the "motivational speaker" warned us about at the start, so perhaps a re-evaluation of my strategy was in order. Whoops!

BSTON
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Nov 2010 10:26 AM
cbailey wrote:

Congrats to the winners, and those who avoided crashing into poles.

I think you should have said congrats to the winners and congrats to those that crashed into poles. [:P]

I like that I finished so well but another 2nd place finish wasn't really something that I needed. I already had enough of those this season.

uscrew96
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Nov 2010 12:22 PM
I got lots of warnings for spining and pumping! [:P][;)]
Rob Bedelis

--
15 Nov 2010 06:55 PM
cbailey wrote:

Rob, I realized that I spun you out (accidentally!) last time we were down there, so I'll just call it even. [;)] I also hit both poles that the "motivational speaker" warned us about at the start, so perhaps a re-evaluation of my strategy was in order. Whoops!

Thanks for being so equitable Chris, although I had completely forgotten about "last time" (other than Lawrence running out of fuel right after he "bumped" me out of his way). I promise next time it'll happen to someone else. I bet if the motivational speaker would not have said anything about the poles, they would not have been impacted.

Thanks to everyone that attended & thanks for your patience getting the show underway. Perhaps we can convince the region to establish an indoor karting facility closer to home [:O]

Congrats to Lawrence as well for cleaning our clocks - I mean if we have to get cleaned my a multiple-national-champion guy, I couldn't think of a better person to do it. Although, I am very interested to view his helmet cam video from the third qualifier and the championship race. I think the video would verify that I have been able to improve my "moving chicanery" skills to the frustration of everyone (except Jason - he punted me out of the way, no problem [H]) Hopefully Santa will be good to me this year and present me with a helmet cam of my very own - I promise to install it facing to the back so that I can capture the chicanery in its entirety [:D]

I know it's a ways off, but start thinking about sometime in late January / early February to schedule another outing if you're interested. Thanks everybody - it was a blast!

Rob

Boris2

--
15 Nov 2010 09:56 PM

Rob, thanks again for putting this together. I'm looking forward to the next CIR road trip. Impressive drivers and some interesting spec pinata style action going on. I figure I've got the 'how to spin out into the walls technique' down, so it's onward and upward from here! Rich

cbailey
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Nov 2010 09:02 AM

BSTON wrote:
I think you should have said congrats to the winners and congrats to those that crashed into poles. [:P]

Sorry, I'm not a self-promoter, Brian. [:P]

And, Rich, those walls will always find you one way or another. Once Rob starts giving "chicanery" lessons, there might be no avoiding them! [;)]

L.LOSHAK

--
17 Nov 2010 08:21 AM

Thanks for the compliments Rob, they mean a lot, thank you.

And thanks for having us, it was a blast!!

Workin on getting all the videos up asap.

Heres a video via helmet cam from yours truly, my 2nd qual where I had to start last: (GoPro HD in standard VGA mode to save space on my puney 2GB card... BTW, LOVE this thing, $180 @ Costco)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Doc40eWqM

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner