Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
David Lehman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Oct 2010 05:18 AM

Racing a slighly heavier car (300 lbs more), with a lot of weight in the rear.

My 03 Sierra Denali with Quadrasteer has 180,000 miles on the clock now, and I don't know if I want to be towing the car with this truck. Quadrasteer is AMAZING, and I have never towed with anything else. Kinda scares me to try.

But a new truck, a 2500 HD would have better brakes for towing, (Diesel).....would have more than enough power. My headlights on the 03 SUCK. No XM radio on the 03, and the bluetooth on the new truck would be nice, also possible side airbags on a new truck.

Safety says new truck right ? If I can swing it...buying new truck......should I ?

Note: Last year coming back from Lincoln to S. Florida....broke down in Kentuck and cost me a 5 day delay......am I pushing my luck ?

Thanks,

David

PS.....going through Memphis up I-55 SUCKS......will they ever remove those concrete barriers ? Almost nicked a 18 wheeler on the bridge...it was at night....13 hours of driving, and my horrible night vision......at least my hearing was good when I heard the Semi-Truck blow its horn.

atcovan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Oct 2010 12:54 PM
    It's time to go for it, Dave. Please be careful out there and get more sleep.
    gtldvm

--
    29 Jan 2011 11:41 AM
    Hey Itchy Balls,
    The GM new trucks, specifically 2011, have 36 gallon tanks. Another reason to make the jump. You know I just got the 2011 DENALI HD. OMGosh! Costs as much as a new Corvette (GS Coupe) but I get all "school girlish" everytime I get in to it. I SOOOOO enjoy this truck. You have a great car to race...get the DENALI HD and tow it in style! BTW, the '11 has 33% more power than my '05 had, and you can REALLY feel the difference.

BTW, my '05 Duramax equipped Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Crew Cab is still for sale, if you want to save on the purchase of a new truck and get the best, most reliable truck I've ever had! ;)
    gtldvm

--
    29 Jan 2011 11:44 AM
    OH, the bluetooth is really cool, but I can't wait to use the A/C seats...Melinda has them in her 2010 Yukon Denali...which is so sweet, the reason I finally pulled the trigger on the new truck after 6 months of indecision.
    mwood
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    29 Jan 2011 03:06 PM

David, at 180k, you're really starting to get into the area when lots of wear items are going to start going south...yeah, working on a Chebby truck is generally not rocket science (although working in the engine bay requires a foot stool and a strong lower back...gotta climb in there to get to lots of stuff) and it would be a better deal, purely from an investment perspective, to just keep fixing crap, as the $25-30k hit you take on depreciation in the first few years can buy a bunch of parts...

But, you have to ask yourself, what is your time worth? How proactive do you want to be on preventative maintenence, so you don't get stuck on the road again?

And, most importantly, does the idea of a spanky new truck give you a little bit of a chubby...

Get a new truck, dood.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner