43 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
Crazyquik

--
03 Jan 2001 02:51 PM
    I know some of ya'll play racing video games, its ok to admit it here. So, who plays what and what cars or tracks do you like the best?

I like Sports Car GT alot for a racing game. The cars are very tunable and lots of interesting ones, I also like the track selection.

Gran Turismo 2 is still a fave though. Who can't like a game with THAT many cars and tracks to choose from.

------------------
    [b] Quik's Silver [/b]
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE A4
    [url="http://http:www.geocities.com/crazyquik/LightningQuik.html"]I Lost 246 lbs On This Plan!!![/URL]
    Ken Grammer

--
    03 Jan 2001 04:34 PM
    Slight clarification...just in case our significant others are looking over our shoulders...we don't call them games. They are "Offseason Training Software"! SCCAForums Image

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    Mac-TEC

--
    03 Jan 2001 05:28 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken Grammer:
    [b]Slight clarification...just in case our significant others are looking over our shoulders...we don't call them games. They are "Offseason Training Software"! SCCAForums Image[/b]

hahahah!

I'm limited to to my desktop, but I enjoy the Need For Speed III.
    Crazyquik

--
    03 Jan 2001 05:48 PM
    Yeah, I just got some "addition instruction" from the great "tactical driving supplement" Colin McRae Rally.

And if you like Need For Speed 3, you'd love some of these other games. I've got like 4 or 5 Need For Speeds, I kept buying them thinking they would get better. But you really cant tune the cars, or change the setups, and they all seem to handle about the same. But it is REALLY fun to be a cop in some of the Need For Speed games SCCAForums Image
    honda93
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Jan 2001 07:07 PM
    Until some of these software companies begin making their games dual platform (I'm a Mac guy) I must say GranTurismo2 is my pinnacle. It truly is a great off season conditioning device.

Anthony "Mario" Crea

------------------
    NNJR-SCCA
    1993 Honda Civic DX
    STR / FSP #8
    Crazyquik

--
    03 Jan 2001 07:19 PM
    So what cars do ya'll like in GT2?

I'm partial to the race prepped Skylines you can win. I also put in a lot of laps with a Lotus Elise, since its low power but high power to weight makes it competitive in many races.

------------------
    [b] Quik's Silver [/b]
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE A4
    [url="http://http:www.geocities.com/crazyquik/LightningQuik.html"]I Lost 246 lbs On This Plan!!![/URL]
    Marsh

--
    03 Jan 2001 10:18 PM
    I love the lighter cars. My favorite high-power car is the ZZ II [race]. 500+ ponies, around 2000lb and SHORT wheel base.

One of my favorites in Arcade mode, is my fully prepared S2000. Since the computer does the set up just to my liking, and it groups it with cars that can out run the S2000 but not out corner or out brake it. Finally made me learn how to pass.

------------------
    Marshall McLean
    [url="http://wosca.hompage.com"]Western Ontario Sports Car Association[/URL]
    97 Prelude Type SH
    SCCAForums Image
    Outsider

--
    03 Jan 2001 11:40 PM
    Another fan of GT2! My favorite car? Why the Miata, of course! SCCAForums Image

------------------
    '94 CSP Miata
    Hoodoo

--
    04 Jan 2001 12:49 AM
    Any GT or GT2 players here have a Gameshark?

I'm really enjoying my Denso Sard Supra
    2150 HP
    AWD
    1.75 downforce front and rear
    Rally compatibility (courtesy of a Mitsu Lancer Rally Car)

------------------
    SCCAForums Image
    What? Am I supposed to put something insightful here?

[This message has been edited by Hoodoo (edited January 05, 2001).]
    Anubis

--
    04 Jan 2001 10:49 AM
    For those that have Nascar3 series(legends,nascar3, etc) The Pits did a Trans-Am deal. They modify body lines, looks, horsepower and such to make the cars seem just like Trans-Ams. I went to their site and it appeared it was gone....SCCAPro wasn't too happy about it from what I understand and might have throttled it. Supposedly there is another TA game comin out sometime this year that is official.

They also do the same thing with touring cars. Great game, they also run an online league and have handed the offline stuff to a partner. Its a professional team so check it out.
    [url="http://www.theuspits.com"]www.theuspits.com[/URL]

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C
    Garfield
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Jan 2001 11:21 AM
    For those that have played it, they know what I'm talking about, but most haven't so here's the suggestion for PC Users:
    Grand Prix Legends.

It really doesn't get much more realistic and actually difficult to drive. I didn't have GT or GT2 until my brother gave me his Playstation, but now that I have them, I'll still vote for Grand Prix Legends. In a nutshell, you drive 60's Grand Prix cars on those tracks, with FULL adjustability. It's put out by Sierra.
    sccaflagger74

--
    04 Jan 2001 12:17 PM
    Grand Prix Legends is definitely the best racing sim out there. To make the game easier to play when starting out, and also because it's great fun even after playing with the F1 cars, be sure to add the F2 and F3 edits.

TOCA 2 is fun for lot's of banging, but the cars don't handle with nearly as much realism as those in GPL.

Mobil 1 Rally Championship is another great game for PC. Excellent variety of cars and enough miles of rally stages to keep you busy for a while. I haven't tried Colin McCrae Rally so I don't know how they compare.

I think the best oval track game is Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars. Great fun. Too bad you can't run with a full field of 24 cars.

------------------
    Bob Lindenmuth
    Philly Region
    Divisional F&C
    '96 Miata, BS #74
    honda93
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Jan 2001 01:24 PM
    I agree...

Grand Prix Legends is by far the ABSOLUTE best racing simulator ever built.
    But as I said, I must play it at a friends house because the game isn't Mac compatible.

Anthony "Mario" Crea

------------------
    NNJR-SCCA
    1993 Honda Civic DX
    STR / FSP #8
    Toms6893

--
    04 Jan 2001 02:08 PM
    I am the GT2 god of gods SCCAForums Image I started out with a Toyota starlet and moved up to the faster cars. Out of all the cars i must say that the Saleen SR Widebody is my favorite(because i'm a mustang guy SCCAForums Image ). But i have to say that the Audi TT is one fast machine on that game. Mostly i stick to the mid-eng cars, i like that loose almost out of control feel.

------------------
    93 Mustang GT Convertable
    #68 ESP
    Crazyquik

--
    04 Jan 2001 05:34 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Toms6893:
    [b]Mostly i stick to the mid-eng cars, i like that loose almost out of control feel.

[/b]

In the words of that old guy from "Days Of Thunder," "Loose is fast, but on the edge of out of control"

I've never played GP Legends, heard a lot of good stuff about it. I might have to try it next. Today I've just been playing around on GT2, pickin up some more cars. I've got a Daisen Silvia race car that will run with some cars that have a large hp advantage. How is the Viper GTS-R in the game? The Dodge LeMans Viper that is like $a million or a half million bucks. I raced a Ruf CTR 2 Sport some today but wasn't very impressed by it.
    Yumpy

--
    05 Jan 2001 09:10 AM
    I realize most here will be playing PC games, but the Sega Dreamcast has a ridiculous amount of amazing racing games. Sega GT, Ferrari 355 Challenge, Test Drive V-Rally, 24 Hours of Le Mans, MSR, and more. Find a VGA box and display them on your monitor. Really, really good stuff. Plus, a few are going online including Daytona USA and Speed Devils. Some current games allow you to download ghost car laps from other people on the net. Good fun.
    Sardonic

--
    05 Jan 2001 11:29 AM
    Another great PC racing game:
    Viper Racing
    It is also published by Sierra, and probably uses the same engine as Grand Prix Legends. It is the most realistic driving simulator I've played on PC. The only downside to it is the only car you can drive is the RWD beast, but the career mode allows you to race for money and upgrade a lot of things on the car. Fully customizable suspension, gear ratios, aerodynamics, etc.
    It even has the option to have a button for the clutch! The car won't change gears until you press the clutch button (which puts the car in neutral). So it makes it a little more tricky for those of you who think it's easy to change gears while turning... SCCAForums Image

------------------
    MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    05 Jan 2001 12:18 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken Grammer:
    [b]Slight clarification...just in case our significant others are looking over our shoulders...we don't call them games. They are "Offseason Training Software"! SCCAForums Image
    [/b]

Well. . . some of us are fortunate enough to live in a geographical area where there is no "off season." We've got three autox practice days and an event coming up in the next two weeks here in the LaLaLand. For that reason, although I've got Need for Speed III, I find myself most interested in playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six and practicing shooting terrorists. It keeps me in practice for the daily commute to the "inner city" location where I teach elementary school. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

Bob
    Crazyquik

--
    05 Jan 2001 04:29 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Yumpy:
    [b]Sega GT, Ferrari 355 Challenge, Test Drive V-Rally, 24 Hours of Le Mans, MSR, and more[/b]

How's Ferrari F355 Challange? It sounds like it might be cool. What about 24 Hours Of LeMans? I found a PC game with that name, or one very much like it. Since I already have SPGT I didn't figger I'd need another endurence race sim.
    JonKerfoot

--
    05 Jan 2001 05:03 PM
    Hi!

Well, I'm a lousy computer-driver (the wheel I have just doesn't feel like the one in the Vee), but I've got ToCA2 and F1 2000. I confess I only bought F1 2000 so I can drive Indianapolis backwards.... I also have Mobil 1 Rally Championship and Colin McRae Rally, which are a lot of fun. Even crashing is fun in a rally sim!

Jon Kerfoot
    '98 V6 Mustang (daily driver)
    '76 Lynx B FV (under repair, for sale)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner