Paging StageOne.....
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Derrick Pewter 99 SS

--
07 Jan 2001 02:39 PM
    What color is your Type-R? There was one running around this summer with a Tire Rack banner across the windshield that my buddy raced with his 5-liter mustang... wondering if that might have been you.
    StageOne

--
    09 Jan 2001 09:27 AM
    Well Mine is Yellow, but that was not me. I do know who it was though.

So how did he do against your Friend??

------------------
    KillBugsFast
    GS - '00 Type R
    QWKBLKGT

--
    09 Jan 2001 01:49 PM
    Well Stage One, I guess it would be no surprise that the GT murdered the Integra, but inn all honesty, I hate to get into the weight vs. motor issue. For certain purposes Mr. S as I will call him had just over 2000 miles on his car, and that was the excuse later made up by his girlfriend. However I would be one with a bias opinion since Mr. S and i have a personal grievance, and I am the one with the GT obviously. I do not care though, if you like what you drive then great, but I had to hear his girlfriend which would be my ex run her mouth about how hard the car was. Some personal satisfaction was taken when my 100+ thousand mile GT (stock at the time) beat him considerably bad.I now race import myself, but I still have a love for getting behind the wheel of my GT and feeling as well as hearing my engine. Please do not take offense to anything said, I am not import bashing at all. How could I ? I have Japanese myself now!
    Derrick Pewter 99 SS

--
    09 Jan 2001 02:16 PM
    Yeah, what he said. SCCAForums Image Seriously, though... have any of you Type R guys ever taken one down the 1/4 mile? I know that's not what type of racing you're into, but I'm just curious as to how quick they are on paper.

------------------
    SCCAForums Image
    StageOne

--
    09 Jan 2001 03:19 PM
    Yeah I figured the mustang beat it. The Type Rs are failry quick but left stock a mustang should be able to beat them.

As for the 1/4 mile, I have not had mine to the strip, YET. MAgazines report times of about 14.8 or so, seen a few lower, some a tick higher. Depends greatly on the driver and how much you want to punishe the car. I would love to go to national trails on a wednesday night for their open practice or whatever it is. If either of you two go, let me know as I'll meet you there. Assuming you don't mind.

------------------
    KillBugsFast
    GS - '00 Type R
    QWKBLKGT

--
    09 Jan 2001 03:36 PM
    Well Stage One I do not think either of us would mind. I will gladly let you know of anytime we are going. I will be taking my import and not my Mustang(for some reason I lost interest in my car) Wow I have no clue what could have done it?LOL Please feel free to join us anytime. I have a friend who has a 2000 GSR and has been asking me to go to the track with her, but for some reason I do not feel like driving an Integra, personal reasons I guess, but I id finally give in and I guess we will see how it does this year.
    I will let you know of any time we go, and please if you decide to go pleas let us know, if you dont mind. thanks alot!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner