Enclosed Trailer Shopping... deals?
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RobG

--
10 Jan 2001 06:11 PM
    I'm starting to do some shopping for an enclosed trailer. My question is this: Is it possible to wheel and deal on a trailer just as you would when you buy a car from a car dealer? If so, how much? Meaning, what do you figure the typical markup is?

Thanks.

Rob
    Rogue

--
    11 Jan 2001 05:52 PM
    Rob,
    The answer is yes, Here in Texas any way.
    The mark-up depends, just like a car.
    Buy a good trailer not a cheap one. I recommend steel over aluminum.IMO. Figure how long, wide and tall and shop around. Some times it pays to drive a little. I hope this helps.
    (ps. I work on and sell trailers)
    RobG

--
    11 Jan 2001 09:33 PM
    I've just about decided on Performance Specialty. I was going to go with one of the "big" brands, but I noticed that PS is the only one that is smooth-sided (no rivets showing). Plus they're a bit less expensive, by about, oh, 15%. And they're built here in California, so I can go visit the factory if I want.

I'll have to go look at them in person to see for sure if that's what I want. I remember looking at the Interstate brand, and decided they were complete crap.

Problem is, by the time I option any of them up the way I want, I'm approaching $15k. Ouch.

Rob
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    12 Jan 2001 12:49 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by RobG:
    [b]
    I'm starting to do some shopping for an enclosed trailer. My question is this: Is it possible to wheel and deal on a trailer just as you would when you buy a car from a car dealer? If so, how much? Meaning, what do you figure the typical markup is? Thanks.Rob[/b]

Plans for a new dedicated autox vehicle now that the C4 is sold????

------------------
    Bob Hempy
    SoPac Cal Club GRA
    CSCC Solo2 E-Board Secretary
    PGM 1995 Z28 A4 (grocery getter)
    NBM 1998 Z28 M6 (autox car)
    SM #27
    RobG

--
    12 Jan 2001 09:19 AM
    Well, I will be evaluating replacements in the near future. What I get, if anything, remains to be seen.

I'm tempted to go back to f-body-land, since I enjoyed running my Z in ESP before the blower went on. I'm also tempted by the Honda S2000, the Toyota MR2 Spyder, the upcoming Pontiac Fiero (due in 03), etc.

No more Corvettes for me, though.

But more than anything, an enclosed trailer would serve as my garage -- a permanent place to keep all my tools and stuff. Then if I wanted to do the fulltime RV thing, I could, and avoid Kalifornia's insane housing prices.

Rob
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    12 Jan 2001 03:21 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by RobG:
    [b] I'm tempted to go back to f-body-land, since I enjoyed running my Z in ESP before the blower went on. I'm also tempted by the Honda S2000, the Toyota MR2 Spyder, the upcoming Pontiac Fiero (due in 03), etc. No more Corvettes for me, though. [/b]

Well. . . I'd still like to have a Z06. SCCAForums Image

However, The cars you mentioned above sound interesting. I like the Honda S2000, and I really love the lines of the new MR2. I've seen both run on the autox course. I don't know anything about the technical specifics of the new Fiero.

There is a '91 Firebird Formula for sale down here that I would love to buy for the asking price of $7K and run the car in FS for a while. The guy who owns it won the Pro Solo Nationals in it in 1996. It comes with a tire trailer and extra wheels. If I could only sell my '95Z for what I have into it. I'd be glad to trade even up. SCCAForums Image

Bob
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner