25 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
The Crew Dude

--
31 Jan 2001 02:32 PM
Last year Grand-Am made some rules up as they went along. This sure did pi** off my freinds as they tried to win a championship. I was hoping this was not going to be the case this year. Wrong, I just hope that this was a special exception for this race and does not effect those teams that are going for a championship in that class.
Sorry about that, off the soap box.
Wish I were going this year.
BMWRacerITS

--
01 Feb 2001 07:07 AM
Leaving for the airport in a few minutes, see ya'll in Florida. SCCAForums Image
twin_turborx7
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
01 Feb 2001 07:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BMWRacerITS:
[b]I'll be attending the Pro races that I can. Unfortunately my summer is pretty full racing with SARRC, NASA, HSR, BMW CCA, and Porsche Club...its a rough life, but somebody's gotta do it.

[/b]

What class are you running in HSR?
I am assuming in one of your BMW'S?
~TT
Anubis

--
01 Feb 2001 07:46 PM
It wasn't necessarily the fact that you had one car dominating GTP racing that killed it...it was Toyota upping the ante in a big way with cutting edge tech. No one else wanted to play and it died out. Even when Nissan was dominating they had to work hard for it. When Toyota did it, Dan Gurney build such a monster there was really no hope.

------------------
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Dave Ebersole

--
02 Feb 2001 04:58 AM
You can have one car dominate and have a successful series if twenty teams can buy that car. What really kept the GTP class alive through the 80's was that you had 10-15 teams racing competitive 962s. Even when Jaguar won the Porsches had a chance so the guys spent their money. When Nissan started dominating teams started dropping out. When Toyota took over that was it. If Nissan or Toyota built a "customer" car the series might have survived but they were intent only on beating Porsche. I think Porsche saw a way to make money selling cars and parts and a side benefit was that it was good for the series. The others were short-sighted, in my opinion. The best thing for both the Grand Am and ALMS would be if BMW would build a "customer" M3 as Porsche does its 911.
Dave
twin_turborx7
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
02 Feb 2001 11:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex Tziortzis:
[b]
Check out car #30 in the GT class (Ferrari). It will be running the new Kumho 18 inch race slick.

Alex[/b]

That car is a Factory Kumho Car (Kumho Europe) with Europeon drivers.
~TT
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner