SCCA's new CEO
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Matt Gent

--
24 Jan 2001 07:32 PM
    After some skepticism on the announcement of his hiring it seems that Steve Johnson has made a positive first impression on our club, especially the solo program. I've read more than a few members' comments that were pleased with his outlook and involvement.

Any thoughts?

Matt

------------------
    97 Integra GSR GStock autocrosser
    White/Honda F125 shifter kart
    92 Talon TSI AWD
    ITA-MR2

--
    24 Jan 2001 09:27 PM
    I'll let you know after I get back from the Convention next week SCCAForums Image .

Norm
    CamaroFS34
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jan 2001 05:52 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt Gent:
    [b]After some skepticism on the announcement of his hiring it seems that Steve Johnson has made a positive first impression on our club, especially the solo program. I've read more than a few members' comments that were pleased with his outlook and involvement.

Any thoughts?

Matt
    [/b]

I met him at the Solo II Nationals, and he's actually replied privately to something I posted on these forums. He seems very committed to making the SCCA a "members-driven" club, rather than like some bureaucratic government.

Karen Kraus
    1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34)
    no, I'm *not* buying a Subaru!! SCCAForums Image

------------------
    "You never get away, you only get someplace else" -- Lovka's Dilemma
    cone clone

--
    25 Jan 2001 08:02 PM
    Bringing Steve Johnson on as CEO I think was an excellent move. The membership is aging and IMO the club has gotten a bit "stodgy" over the years. It's great to see some fresh ideas. Not only from Steve but from a lot of other people in SCCA.

Congratulations to Steve for bringing Fram in as a SCCA sponsor.

rich
    r2x

--
    30 Jan 2001 08:44 AM
    I had the opportunity, with a few others, at nationals to have dinner with him. Nice guy, interested in new ideas, open to suggestions, very approchable, and seemed really interested in what we all thought.

-r2x
    Bill Howe

--
    30 Jan 2001 09:56 AM
    I have had the opportunity to meet and talk with Mr. Johnson at the CENDIV roundtable and at the South Bend Awards Banquet. As a member who has been complaining about the SCCA's lack of marketing and direction, I must say the Steve Johnson is a breath of fresh air. Not only does he have answers to my questions, but they are good solid answers with an actual plan behind them. As the RE for the South Bend region in 2001 I plan to emplement as much of the SCCA's future plans as possible. He believes that the SCCA can do great things and so do I.
    Ken Grammer

--
    31 Jan 2001 04:55 PM
    Bill:

I agree...Mr. Johnson certainly impressed me at the SEDiv meeting. I'm very excited about the future and can't wait to see where he takes us!

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    Bob Sanders

--
    31 Jan 2001 05:56 PM
    Steve came to a race at Pikes Peak Int'l last year. He made a point to get to all the corners, all the specialities and the stewards. When it came time for lunch, he stood in line, like all the other workers, ate the same food, and sat on the floor, in the garage, with the workers. He gained a lot of respect from the members that day. Now if I can just get him to drive the tow truck!!
    Bob Sanders
    Continental Divide Region
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner