22 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Solo 2 Dan

--
25 Jan 2001 09:57 AM
    I am just wondering what the average age of everyone on the board is here and how long you have been into auto racing. Whatever kind it is.
    I am 20 years old and just recently got into Solo II racing. I just finished my first season last August and can't wait for next season to begin.
    Thanks. SCCAForums Image

------------------
    Dan Kerkstra
    Chicago region SCCA member

1994 Z-28 6 speed~~~>ESP class
    CamaroFS34
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jan 2001 10:10 AM
    I'm in my, uh, late twenties.... SCCAForums Image and I've been autocrossing since '93 or '94, something like that.

Karen Kraus
    1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34)
    no, I'm *not* buying a Subaru!! SCCAForums Image

------------------
    "You never get away, you only get someplace else" -- Lovka's Dilemma
    01 FS Z28
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jan 2001 10:12 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by CamaroFS34:
    [b]I'm in my, uh, late twenties.... SCCAForums Image

[/b]

Oh, how coy Karen...... Aren't you supposed to be working????

I'm 27, first autox was May 1, 1994

------------------
    Sam Strano Jr.
    Strano Performance Parts
    tech line: 814-849-3417
    order line: 800-729-1831
    jmactenn

--
    25 Jan 2001 10:19 AM
    Hi Dan,

Well I am 53, as of yesterday and started autocrossing 2 years ago. I am seriously hooked.

John
    ESP 10
    jason

--
    25 Jan 2001 10:56 AM
    I'm 29 and have been auto-x for about 3 years. It really gets my need for speed out a little.

'91 miata csp 71
    Trys_Hard

--
    25 Jan 2001 11:22 AM
    Dan,
    I am 47, I started racing my Bug at the local Bug In's in the late sixties and early seventies. But have been out of the scene. I would have loved to been an SCCA member when I owned my 66 MGB. I just joined (got my card yesterday) and have attended to Autox meets here in LA.

------------------
    [list]

*Art Rinner
    *95 Eagle Talon ESI
    *#823 ES

[/list]
    The Crew Dude

--
    25 Jan 2001 12:14 PM
    I am 31 and have been auto-xing since May 1990. I have not been active lately but had the best time racing with or against the likes of Mark Chiles, and Randy Pobst. In auto-x or IT/SSB
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    25 Jan 2001 01:13 PM
    I'm now a very young 53 years old. I have been actively involved in autox events for the past year. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

I intend to be doing this when I'm a centurian. I am hoping the intense psychomotor skills of autox events will help keep me young so that I can keep up with a wife 16 years my junior. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

I wish I had discovered this sport ten years ago or more. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

------------------
    Bob Hempy
    SoPac Cal Club GRA
    CSCC Solo2 E-Board Secretary
    PGM 1995 Z28 A4 (grocery getter)
    NBM 1998 Z28 M6 (autox car)
    SM #27
    88dp

--
    25 Jan 2001 01:56 PM
    41, and have been soloing since spring of 89.
    BMWRacerITS

--
    25 Jan 2001 01:59 PM
    21 here.

Followed my dad to the track until I was 18. Got into auto-xing at 17. Driving schools (Car Guys, BMW CCA, etc) at 18, and BMW CCA Club Racing at 20.

I'll be competing in as many SCCA SeDiv races as I can this year, as long as college classes don't get in the way. SCCAForums Image
    Anubis

--
    25 Jan 2001 02:23 PM
    I am 25 years old. Originally got hooked working T&S at Watkins Glen back from 90 to 93. Then joined the military and just this past year got back into it. I flagged all last year at road atlanta and will be doing autocross this year along with flagging.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C
    subrew.com

--
    25 Jan 2001 02:24 PM
    I'm 26, and started autocrossing when I was 15! My stepdad had to ride alongside me the first year.

Oh yeah...my first drive was in an OSP prepped 1968 Saab Sonett V4 with about 140hp. I quickly learned how to handle wheelspin...

Chris Hartman
    Roseburg, OR [url="http://www.subrew.com"]www.subrew.com[/URL]
    Mark McCrary
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Jan 2001 02:28 PM
    I am a young one 18, I have been autocrossing sence half of last season and looking foward to my first full year.

Mark McCrary
    92 Miata CSP
    BryanH
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Jan 2001 03:09 PM
    I'll be 20 next month, and while I've been very much "into" racing all my life I haven't actually had the opportunity to experience it myself until a couple years ago. I'm starting my third season of Solo2 this weekend.

------------------
    [i][url="http://move.to/theMR2"]1987 Toyota MR2, C-Stock[/URL][/i]
    Davard
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jan 2001 04:10 PM
    37 here. Started autocrossing in 1990, when my car was 4 months old (still racing the same car). Joined SCCA in 1992. Last year was the first time I've run the full season locally.

Now, they made me the Novice Mentor for the region. Mostly because I can answer newbie questions without being too condescending, and I know where most cars belong without having to look the up.

------------------
    David Avard
    '90 Mazda Protege LX
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    25 Jan 2001 04:38 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by CamaroFS34:
    [b]I'm in my, uh, late twenties.... SCCAForums Image and I've been autocrossing since '93 or '94, something like that.

Karen Kraus
    1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34)
    no, I'm *not* buying a Subaru!! SCCAForums Image
    [/b]

Karen. . . I think the last line of your signature is a subliminal message of your true desires. You will eventually own a Subaru, or maybe a Yugo. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

Bob SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

[This message has been edited by NBM LS1 M6 (edited January 25, 2001).]
    alexb

--
    25 Jan 2001 06:27 PM
    46 here.Mostly Solo 1 some Solo11 lots of BMW and SABB schools.If i only had the money.
    Have been involved about the last 4 years in this level of racing.

[This message has been edited by alexb (edited January 25, 2001).]
    johng

--
    25 Jan 2001 06:38 PM
    I'm 31 and I've been playing with cars for a while now, but started doing lapping events two years ago and got into autocrossing last season. I did well enough to finish with second place STS season points for the NW region, and was also honored with the rookie of the year. I'm making the move to CSP this year and will hopefully do more high speed lapping clinics with local car clubs.

Man, I really need another daily driver.

------------------
    Jellybean Racing #93
    1993 Civic Si CSP/IC
    2000 NWR Rookie of the Year
    Sponsored by [url="http://www.NipponPower.com"]www.NipponPower.com[/URL]
    lowflyer

--
    25 Jan 2001 07:49 PM
    I'll let you figure out how old I must be when I tell you that I gave up Autocrossing in 1970 to go road racing! After two years in SCCA Regional racing in a Formula Vee and an Lotus Cortina B/Sedan I hooked a ride in a Datsun 510 sedan in the IMSA B.F. Goodrich T/A series. I've just gotten back into Solo II and have run 3 events in my Formula Ford. Having the time of my life! While looking for my FF on the internet I met a fellow that wanted to trade his Formula car for a sedan... he was 76 and it was just "too darn hard" to get in and out of. He's my new hero!!!
    SSM28

--
    25 Jan 2001 09:44 PM
    I'm 29 and going on my 2nd yr of Solo II. I am a member of the Lonestar region and will be attending my first Solo I event in April.

Want to say THANKS to all the Spokes members that have helped me w/ my driving skills.
    SCCAForums Image

[This message has been edited by SSM28 (edited January 25, 2001).]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner