Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cbramey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
17 Mar 2002 04:43 PM
    Some very odd times posted... was the weather good? Very interesting. What was the course like?

Do tell.
    randychase
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    17 Mar 2002 06:56 PM
    As is common it seems, San Diego decided to dump some rain and have some bad weather after a very dry winter. Storms moved in on Friday night and dumped. Saturday morning was started in the wet, but drying course. The more cars ran, the dryer the course became.

There were more scattered showers through the day. The temps kept going between jacket and no jacket weather, eventually getting pretty cold at the end of the day, about 56 degrees. There was also some wind (a lot for San Diego, nothing compared to Lubbock or Wendover).

In retrospect, those who could keep their tires warmer might have had an advantage.

Course was about 1.3 miles? Not sure, I didn't set the odometer. I will upload video of the runs to [url="http://www.conecam.com/"]http://www.conecam.com/[/URL] as soon as I can. I took video with in-car cams (pointed forward, one pointed at the driver) and "a-team" cam with the camera focused on the front tire. And with hood cam. We may not have driven very well, but we were wired! SCCAForums Image

The course flowed (better on Sunday!). For many cars, the course was 3rd gear in a few places, but reasonable speeds overall. Class winner (ES) Paul Brown reported shifting into 3rd 5 times on Sunday's best run.

Elevation and the effects of off-camber turns also had their impact, specially to people not used to them.
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Mar 2002 09:03 AM
    Anybody have a link to updated results?

I only saw results from Sat... where I knew some cars ran in rain... some didn't.

Sounded like a very fun course on both days!!!

Peace,

Dave

------------------
    Weapon: True Blue 2001 Cobra
    Class: FS
    Car No#: 139
    Scott McHugh

--
    18 Mar 2002 09:45 AM
    Hey Chris. Nice job in Florida. Lots of room to run between turns...LT4 course. Rained on Saturday in first run group (2nd half of AS first runs through middle of second runs), but was dry for 3rd runs. Yesterday was dry.
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Mar 2002 12:19 PM
    Here are the results...

[url="http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2002/sandiego/results.html"]http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2002/sandiego/results.html[/URL]

Peace,

------------------
    Weapon: True Blue 2001 Cobra
    Class: FS
    Car No#: 139
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Mar 2002 04:44 AM
    Does anyone know what class the four cars listed after SM2 are supposede to be?

------------------
    RTP
    randychase
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Mar 2002 11:54 AM
    Yes, a local class called IS2. It stands for Improved Street 2, which is kind of like Street Mod, 2 seaters.
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Mar 2002 03:41 AM
    Does anyone know what index factors are used for IS1, IS2, & IS3? Thanks.

------------------
    RTP
    Bimota Guy

--
    26 Mar 2002 05:50 PM
    IS Rules are based on the SCCA 2000 STS rules. But I do not know what PAX numbers are used for each sub-class (IS1, IS2, & IS3.) They are not listed in our local supplemental regs.

------------------
    -Steve :}
    '99 SVT Cobra
    Solo II FS #146
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner