Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BryanH
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
27 Jan 2001 07:36 PM
    It seems to me that for the most part topics are spread pretty thin since there is a forum for everything under the sun. I certainly understand the need for multiple forums here to keep everything organized. However, I do feel this can go too far sometimes. If there was a lot of traffic here I would understand the reason for so many forums. But as it stands right now there isn't all that much posting going on, and I think some consolidating could be done while still organizing things.

I guess in short I'm just wondering why there are so many forums right now. SCCAForums Image

------------------
    [i][url="http://move.to/theMR2"]1987 Toyota MR2, C-Stock[/URL][/i]
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Jan 2001 06:29 AM
    Brian, That is a great question. Hopefully we can get some feedback in this thread, and then I would be more than willing to make some modifications! I just didn't want to leave anybody out either... tough balance SCCAForums Image

Help Spread the word, [url="http://www.sccaforums.com"]www.sccaforums.com[/URL]
    Thanks!

------------------
    Weapon: White 2001 Z-06
    Class: SS
    Car No#: 39
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    28 Jan 2001 07:56 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by BryanH:
    [b]It seems to me that for the most part topics are spread pretty thin since there is a forum for everything under the sun. I certainly understand the need for multiple forums here to keep everything organized. However, I do feel this can go too far sometimes. If there was a lot of traffic here I would understand the reason for so many forums. But as it stands right now there isn't all that much posting going on, and I think some consolidating could be done while still organizing things. I guess in short I'm just wondering why there are so many forums right now. SCCAForums Image
    [/b]

Actually, I think the folders are pretty well organized. I think we should remind ourselves that this forum is, for all practical purposes, a little more than a month old. Yet, it has now received over 23,000 hits and has more than 900 registered users. SCCAForums Image

There are some folders that might appear to be redundant with the SCCA Divisional folders at the bottom or with folders in other sections, to wit "SCCA Results" and "Auto X and Road Race Events" (under Group Discussion), and "SCCA Solo I and Solo II" (under SCCA Motorsports). However, I believe if one reads the sub-headings, one should understand that these folders are meant to post or discussion local and regional events that have a national interest to others while the others are intended primarily for the discussion within a SCCA Division. SCCAForums Image

No, I think the folders are pretty well organized with little or no real redundance. I don't think folders should be merged because it appears to some that there isn't much traffic. Things are growing, and these discussions are available for review or renewed discussion by newly registered users or more veteran users who might want to revisit the discussion at a later time. SCCAForums Image

------------------
    Bob Hempy
    SoPac Cal Club GRA
    CSCC Solo2 E-Board Secretary
    PGM 1995 Z28 A4 (grocery getter)
    NBM 1998 Z28 M6 (autox car)
    SM #27
    cone clone

--
    28 Jan 2001 08:22 AM
    I don't see a problem myself. It spreads everyone out to thier particular interest group. The forums have indicators to which Topics are active and there is the daily active topic list to watch the threads that are of interest. IMO by having forums for the different interest groups you somewhat avoid some of the bickering that plaques some of the autox mail lists that have too many different interests sharing the same space. JMO

rich
    Toms6893

--
    28 Jan 2001 08:24 AM
    I'll have to agree with NBM. I go to about three different forum site and for this one just starting out it's very well orgianized.

And yes Dave i have spread the word about this forum on the others SCCAForums Image .

------------------
    93 Mustang GT Convertable
    #68 ESP
    68 Mustang Coupe Dragcar
    #3056 N/E
    All work and no racing makes Tom very mad...

[This message has been edited by Toms6893 (edited January 28, 2001).]
    David Ferguson

--
    28 Jan 2001 08:45 AM
    I must chime in and say that I think this site is well organized. It's pretty easy to figure out where to put a new discussion topic. You just decide whether your topic is oriented toward racers in a certain class, division, or type of racing.

[This message has been edited by David Ferguson (edited January 28, 2001).]
    AC13

--
    28 Jan 2001 11:01 AM
    I like it this way......too many other forums are too generalized. You have to weed through a bunch of crap to find anything.

------------------
    [url="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1396676&Auth=false"]Photopoint Album[/URL]
    [EMAIL]AC13@purehonda.com[/EMAIL]
    [url="http://performancerefinishing.nav.to/"]Performance Refinishing Website[/URL]
    SCCAForums Image
    [b][i]"Don't think you are, know you are."[/b][/i]
    Mark McCrary
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Jan 2001 11:24 AM
    I like it how it is.
    Mark McCrary
    92 Miata
    BryanH
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Jan 2001 09:26 PM
    Guess I'm in the minority. SCCAForums Image No problem. Hopefully the membership will broaden soon.
    Anubis

--
    31 Jan 2001 06:50 PM
    Give it some time, once the full blown national season gets up and running word of mouth should bring some more people in.

Another way to do get more people is to post messages on class specific BB's saying " says that all you damned drivers couldn't drive the Daytona oval worth a damned much less the road course" THAT will bring em in SCCAForums Image

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    31 Jan 2001 08:19 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Anubis:
    [b]Give it some time, once the full blown national season gets up and running word of mouth should bring some more people in. [/b]

Yup. . . this is January. Most of you poor souls are still up to your proverbial fill in the blank with your favorite expletives in snow and ice, and yet we have passed the 25,000 hit mark in a little more than a month. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

OTOH. . . I've gotten ~50 autox runs on two weekends this month. Eat your hearts out your east coasters. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

BTW. . . polished the car twice this week. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

------------------
    Bob Hempy
    SoPac Cal Club GRA
    CSCC Solo2 E-Board Secretary
    PGM 1995 Z28 A4 (grocery getter)
    NBM 1998 Z28 M6 (autox car)
    SM #27
    BryanH
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Feb 2001 12:22 PM
    Gotta love California. SCCAForums Image

Off-season? What off-season? SCCAForums Image

------------------
    [i][url="http://move.to/theMR2"]1987 Toyota MR2, C-Stock[/URL][/i]
    cone clone

--
    01 Feb 2001 02:05 PM
    off season?? You California boys must think us folks up north spend the winter burning last years Kumho's to keep warm and entertain ourselves by following the pi$$ing matches on team.net! SCCAForums Image
    Here is an example of what the local boys do off season in Northern NY SCCAForums Image
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    01 Feb 2001 04:30 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by cone clone:
    [b]off season?? You California boys must think us folks up north spend the winter burning last years Kumho's to keep warm and entertain ourselves by following the pi$$ing matches on team.net! SCCAForums Image
    Here is an example of what the local boys do off season in Northern NY [/b]

Yup. . . that picture makes me soooooooooo homesick for a nice cozy northern Minnesota winter. Nothing like a little weekend autox/ice fishing excursion. SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image

Bob
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner