Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Dave Schotz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
29 Jul 2002 09:44 AM
    Congrats to all! Looks like it must have been a fun course!

Results are located here... [url="http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2002/seattle/results.html"]http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2002/seattle/results.html[/URL]

Peace,

------------------
    Weapon: True Blue 2001 Cobra
    Class: FS
    Car No#: 39
    The_Winch
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    29 Jul 2002 03:09 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave Schotz:
    [b]Looks like it must have been a fun course![/b]

Nope. Coneage all over the place. Maybe it was fun for tiny cars. It was entertaining watching the Phantom though, and Kevin Dietz was his usual entertaining persona for the Saturday night dinner.

As for me, after my 2nd run Saturday, I decided it was just a practice and decided to try out experiments I don't normally do at races.
    stroyer

--
    06 Aug 2002 03:24 PM
    I thought it was a good course each day. The challenge was to be both clean and fast. It was a bit tight in spots for my C4 vette, but very do-able. It flowed really well. And yes, they really like to use the cones in Bremerton. There were several sections where you needed to set yourself up for another section 2 to 3 gates down or else you weren't gonna get through clean or fast. I spent the 1st day just looking for that clean run and had to slow down on my 3rd run to get one. Sunday I blew my best run (2nd) right before the finish.

I noticed Jason didn't have any trouble negotiating the course with his '89 vette, setting times in that cold misty 1st heat that would have placed him well in SS which ran 2 heats later.

------------------
    Scott Troyer
    '93 vette, AS#71
    The_Winch
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    06 Aug 2002 03:49 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by stroyer:
    [b]I noticed Jason didn't have any trouble negotiating the course with his '89 vette, setting times in that cold misty 1st heat that would have placed him well in SS which ran 2 heats later.[/b]

Jason's performance was an anomaly. Though he also managed to average over 1 cone per run, he bunched his up and had some great clean runs. But there were a ton of other national level drivers whacking cones left and right. Kevin Dietz said he'd never had a national level event where he coned every run for the day. Erik Strelniecks and Corey Smith also had days with cones on every run. I've talked to too many national level drivers who said the coneage was too much.
    tholt29
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 Aug 2002 01:21 PM
    "Erik Strelniecks and Corey Smith also had days with cones on every run."

That comment made me go back and look at Strelnieks' best combined scratch time... 97.426. A dead tie with his co-driver's (Mike Johnson's) class winning time. Freaky... Meaningless, but freaky! SCCAForums Image

Tom
    SteveW
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 Aug 2002 02:40 PM
    My theory is that the Bremerton weather and surface was basically the polar opposite of Wendover from a week earlier. Wendover being concrete and hot, Bremerton being asphalt and cool/damp. Definitely would require different setups and I saw more than a few people struggling to find grip in Bremerton. Since I didn't go to Wendover and my ghetto setup is pretty soft, I had a fun time with the Bremerton courses and few cones.

Steve W.
    #6 STS

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The_Winch:
    [b] Jason's performance was an anomaly. Though he also managed to average over 1 cone per run, he bunched his up and had some great clean runs. But there were a ton of other national level drivers whacking cones left and right. Kevin Dietz said he'd never had a national level event where he coned every run for the day. Erik Strelniecks and Corey Smith also had days with cones on every run. I've talked to too many national level drivers who said the coneage was too much.[/b]
    The_Winch
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Aug 2002 09:25 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by SteveW:
    [b]My theory is that the Bremerton weather and surface was basically the polar opposite of Wendover from a week earlier. Wendover being concrete and hot, Bremerton being asphalt and cool/damp. Definitely would require different setups and I saw more than a few people struggling to find grip in Bremerton. [/b]

Since I have no setup for cool/damp asphault, I contributed to the cone fest too. Then again, I don't care about having a setup for cool/damp asphault... just for warm concrete (since I've never got a chance to try rain on concrete).
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner