1967-70 trans Am Records??
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Vettefinderjim

--
25 Dec 2003 09:54 AM
    I am looking at the 17th Camaro Z-28 made. This car was a Trans Am racer at Mid Ohio driven by Gary Morgan in 1967 and then also at Brigehampton and Watkins Glen. Is there any place i can retrieve these records, and if so where do access them?
    TIMES99

--
    29 Dec 2003 08:44 AM
    You may want to try SCCA
    GregM

--
    05 Jan 2004 12:37 PM
    The guy you want is Peter Hylotn the SCCA archivist. He will have records for all the drivers that may have driven your car. He was very helpful. To search results by tracks is questionable.
    As far as the Glen, the guy you want to talk to is Bill Green. He lives right near the track and everyone up there knows him. His house is loaded with memoriabilia and more from floor to ceiling. Don't waste your time with the library up there, Bill is the real wealth of information. The library may be able to give you his number. I dont have it here now. He was able to for a donation of a few bucks, give me copies of entries, scoring , advertisements and results for all races with my car.
    There is also the Trans Am registery down south. You can try them also. My car is a 65 Mustang Coupe that ran A/S 65-68 and was prepared for the 68 T/A season. Ran one non points T/A race( the only non points race). These guys down south don't recognize it. The driver / owner thats still alive, SCCA , and other people that were there think these guys are wrong. The entry forms/ posters all say it is a non points T/A race but, oh well everyone has an opinion.

Just don't park the car, race it.
    TIMES99

--
    17 Jan 2004 09:24 AM
    As of today you can access all Trans Am results going back to 1966 on the Trans-Am Series website at http://www.trans-amseries.com. Once you are there click on Paddock and they are on the bottom of the page.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner