Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Dave Schotz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Jul 2004 05:43 PM
    So far just Saturday's... but here is the link! :)

http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp...E0&Id=1519

Hope the weather was nice!
    Mark Hirt
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Jul 2004 07:22 PM
    On saturday the weather held out for all heats...... BUT... a little after 6pm the tents/course came down again.

On Sunday..The course was totally dry for heat two and probably all but the first couple heat one cars. (it drys verys fast.

Hint to those new to Grissom. See thoses trees miles away to the Southwest. If you can no longer see them, RUN
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Jul 2004 09:44 PM
    Reminisent of last year?
    Mark Hirt
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Jul 2004 09:52 PM
    By some standards a bad storm but compaired to 2003, kind of whimpy.

The registration tent did not "implode", it blew upwards and it did not pour for hours. (well not that I know)

No lakes in farm fields
    No boats in Kokomo
    Eric1855
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Jul 2004 11:46 PM
    Had a great time, well except for my car being wrecked leaving the gas station friday evening. That sucked.

But I got to co drive a CS Miata which is ALOT different than a SM WRX. It was nice meeting everyone and getting the experience of Chief of Impound.
    Turbo6inKY

--
    05 Jul 2004 07:24 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Hirt:

The registration tent did not "implode", it blew upwards and it did not pour for hours. (well not that I know)
    The tent bit it during the storm Saturday. One of the main poles had one of the most amazing 90 degree bends in it I had ever seen. No pipe bender could ever do as job like that. no kink, no crush.

We got it back up the next morning with two of the original three center poles.
    Fastech

--
    05 Jul 2004 08:53 PM
    On saturday the weather held out for all heats...... BUT... a little after 6pm the tents/course came down again.

Hint to those new to Grissom. See thoses trees miles away to the Southwest. If you can no longer see them, RUN
    Suggested revision for next year's schedule of events:

7:00 AM Course open for walking
    8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Class competition
    4:30 PM Huge storm, various acts of god, run like hell for cover
    9:00 PM Gates Closed

:lol:

Happens every year, like clockwork!

Brian Flanagan
    STU #98 Fastech Motorsports M3
    Serial ConeKiller
    Eric1855
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2004 05:30 AM
    My favorite part was all the dust kicking up like a cyclone in the field behind the concrete pad.

Looked like a scene from the movie Twister.
    KC

--
    06 Jul 2004 07:19 AM

I remember at the Pro last year... just watching the rain approach.... and for the most part, stayed about 200 feet off with a few sprinkles... just a wall... moving....
    Eric1855
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2004 12:29 PM
    I was praying for rain, until my WRX got hit leaving the gas station :(

Then I wanted no rain as I was in a miata. And what a difference between a 400HP WRX and a CS Miata.
    Gefiltefish
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    06 Jul 2004 02:26 PM
    Someone mentioned that a tornado hit up in Rochester area. Too close for my comfort! Colin, Phil and I were about to head out for food until we looked out the window and dropped our jaws. We ordered in to say the least. Papa Johns rules!

It was a very entertaining event. Ran very smooth for the amount of people there. Only a couple of timing problems with cones flying the the finish and cars getting somewhat lost. I got to put a lot of names to faces for once. I got owned in GS but was expecting that. I need some shocks and need to get rid of the "ancient R1's."

My region did very well. We sent 12 drivers and 8 of them trophied including 3 winners. Jeff Cashmore won ES, Todd Lorino won a great FS battle and Ryan Tuchalski was the lone FJ1 entrant. Steve Wynveen took 2nd in another good BS race and the 3rd place finishers from Milw were Denise Cashmore (ES-open), Dan Meller (STS), Chris Fenter (STX) and Phil Bedard (SM).

The rest of us were running some experimental tires set-ups. The Fiedler/Mankiewicz/Young crew experimented with un-shaved MX's in STS and I was running 5-year old R1's in my uncompetitive-underprepared GS machine. Oh well, like I said, we all had fun and now I get the discounted rate at Nationals!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner