45 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
Marsh

--
17 Feb 2001 05:36 AM
I just thought of another one. Against All Odds, when James woods races his new Ferrari agains the 911. Very cool scene.

------------------
Marshall McLean
[url="http://wosca.hompage.com"]Western Ontario Sports Car Association[/URL]
97 Prelude Type SH
SCCAForums Image
Hard-driver57

--
17 Feb 2001 08:28 AM
I just thought of one of the most unbeliveable ones! IN T2 when the truck is chasing the motorcycle with the kid on it and he bumps the kid but he doesn't fall, Yeah Right!!! Also same movie go rent it, and watch when the truck comes off the overpass in slow motion the windshield falls out... but a few seconds later it is perfect until Arnie shoots it, it shatters and the driver pushes it out! also watch the dents on the truck appear and then disappear, you think they used about ten trucks in this chase? Funny Huh! SCCAForums Image
Davard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
17 Feb 2001 09:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marsh:
[b]I just thought of another one. Against All Odds, when James woods races his new Ferrari agains the 911. Very cool scene.[/b]

Thanks, I've been trying to remember the name of that movie for months.

One fo the advantages of living in LA (one of the few) is getting to drive on the roads in the movies. That one is Sunset Blvd, just east of the San DIego Freeway, I-405. It's one of those roads that you'd like to do 50-60 mph on, if it weren't for all the radar cops (and the traffic SCCAForums Image ).

------------------
David Avard
'90 Mazda Protege LX
Davard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
17 Feb 2001 09:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hard-driver57:
[b](snip)...also watch the dents on the truck appear and then disappear, you think they used about ten trucks in this chase? Funny Huh! SCCAForums Image [/b]

Another of the great self-repairing cars is the yellow Porsche 911 from Commando. The thing flips on its side, Arnie pushes it back over, and when it lands, the dents are quite obvious. When he gets in and closes the door, the dents have magically disappeared.

Continuity breaks in car chases are also fun. In Lethal Weapon 2, the house where the South Africans are is on the very East end of Mulholland Drive. The chase starts here, and two turns later, they are on a stretch of Mulholland Highway (same road, just upgraded the name) that is about 25 miles to the west. They also go over the same stretch of road in both directions a couple of times. Of course, if you'd never driven on those roads, you'd never notice (there, now I've spoiled it for all of you :d )

------------------
David Avard
'90 Mazda Protege LX
MGB-GT

--
20 Feb 2001 09:46 AM
Good car movies in not praticular order, imho.

"Gran Prix" 'nuf said
"The Italian Job" - why is BMW spending all this money trying to establish a niche for the new mini, when a couple days of reshooting the same scenes with the new cars for a commercial would make it a bestseller
"Le Mans" - another very realistic racing movie.
"Winning" - story sucks, but has USRRC cars. Some ole Datsun racer from the NE too

Honorable mention: "Striking Distance" - my grandmother lives at the top of that cobblestone hill in the beginning of the movie.
rocketrob95

--
20 Feb 2001 09:51 AM
stroker ace (with Burt Reynolds).
only because it has Loni Anderson
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner