CLASS CONSOLIDATION
 8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FASTNBLU

--
02 Feb 2001 05:53 PM
    BOY RACER-JOHN DID YOU OPEN A CAN OF WORMS OR WHAT, This is a very sensitve topic of which will never be resolved. I dont race IT so I wont even try to fix the "no national/too many classes/too many evolvments/ problems. After spending a year building a car I would'nt like it if you eliminated my class. I read somewhere that some spec-7 class was accepting no new cars, I would have to read that as a way to phase out a class. I would think they would wait till the car count got to a magic low number and say you have two years and your history

------------------
    DARYL
    BRIGHTWELL
    PRO-7 #90
    CSCC SCCA
    David Dewhurst

--
    03 Feb 2001 08:06 AM
    Daryl, where & what can of worms did BOY RACER-JOHN open ? A second question to you Daryl is, where did you read the information that "some Spec-7 class was accepting no new cars" ?

Daryl, this is an edited after thought. Spec-7 cars are legal ITA cars. Would get there stuff kicked but legal.

Thanks

------------------
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv, Milwaukee Region
    Spec-7 #14

[This message has been edited by David Dewhurst (edited February 03, 2001).]
    FASTNBLU

--
    06 Feb 2001 02:21 PM
    (1) see " road racing evolution" but i meant no disrepect to john. he got 47 posts and some heated debates. (2) im still trying to find the original post,as i go between four different web sites, i believe it was in the NE DIV that someone said that they would'nt be accepting any new cars in that class but you made me think about it more and theres a possibility that they may have said that because of overcrowded classes not for lack of cars, but i remember something about 7's getting scarce because the rusty ones got crushed. sorry if i worried you. i will keep trying to find that post. i have said this before and i still stand by it, pro-7 is a better formula because it allows the 7's to run with ITA at a closer pace. most can afford to remove such items as catylyst/smog equip/excess weight inside and weld up your bolt-in cage, the $95 slicks pro7's run last as long as a street tire and these little changes make the car so much more exciting, but i dont think ANYONE should be forced into that change. good luck this year david, 7's rule

------------------
    DARYL
    BRIGHTWELL
    PRO-7 #90
    CSCC SCCA
    FASTNBLU

--
    06 Feb 2001 02:58 PM
    7racing
    Racer

From SCCAForums Imageracut, MA
    posted February 02, 2001 10:43 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is awesome, Daryl. Out here in New England, we only have Spec Miata. 1 person tried to get Spec RX7, but it was to restrictive for the cars that were already built, so no one was interested. There was a lot of talk about making an IT-7 class, like they have in the Southeast, but nothing ever materialized.
    It seems that we are running out of donor cars for any type of spec-RX7 class here as well. The junkyards are crushing them, to make room. Sad, isn't it?

------------------
    Jeremy Sheppard
    ITA Mazda RX7
    New England Region, SCCA

David as you can see i misunderstood his actual wording, sorry.
    ------------------
    DARYL
    BRIGHTWELL
    PRO-7 #90
    CSCC SCCA

[This message has been edited by FASTNBLU (edited February 06, 2001).]
    David Dewhurst

--
    07 Feb 2001 04:58 AM
    Daryl & Jeremy, it's always fun doing a little bench racing when all that white stuff is on the ground. Opps, Daryl you have to drive to th mountains to see the white stuff.

Keep on having FUN with the 7's.

------------------
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv, Milwaukee Region
    Spec-7 #14
    Hard-driver57

--
    08 Feb 2001 08:26 PM
    I can't see any region preventing cars in any class due to overwhelming numbers, SCCAForums Image that is what qualifying is for, if your fast enough even with an oversized field than you race! if not you go home and practice till you get good enough, maybe autoX that's as it should be. But not allowing cars thats not right if that is the case. SCCAForums Image By the way if you want an RX7 check out FL. they are like flies or mosquitos! which ever. SCCAForums Image

[This message has been edited by Hard-driver57 (edited February 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Hard-driver57 (edited February 08, 2001).]
    FASTNBLU

--
    09 Feb 2001 10:30 AM
    David i'll have you know we got a whole six inches of snow in 1/99,hehe everyone said hell froze over. to hard driver, i guess some areas must have alot of cars, sopac would never send anyone home,

------------------
    DARYL
    BRIGHTWELL
    PRO-7 #90
    CSCC SCCA
    Anubis

--
    09 Feb 2001 03:37 PM
    Like the Spec-7 cars the SM's ran in ITA in a couple of regionals prior to the ARRC. They were way off the pace but they weren't there to win, just gather data SCCAForums Image With T2 getting off the endangered species list your only really looking at T1 and CSR being canned. Unfortunetly I see CSR dying out in the next couple of years.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C
    Hard-driver57

--
    09 Feb 2001 07:51 PM
    T1 and T2 are a whole nother story! don't get me started! when those classes first were proposed they had a chance, but then in
    SCCA's infinite wisdom they decided to allow only the most expensive sports cars around be the test bed, and well you see what is happening! A tree grows from the roots up not the other way around. So the roots of SCCA are budget challenged racers so you need to provide them a niche and it is not big dollar no mod's allowed showroom stock anymore either. SCCAForums Image
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner